What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

Just bought Eddie Vedder Love Boat Captain 7inch from 10 Club.
How loud can silence get?

Angelo

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Feb 28, 2013, 06:18 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM

Penny have you listened to any of there other stuff? I love this album but for whatever reason never listening to anything after. Wondering if the other stuff is worth checking out. I think I read somewhere that Simone released a s/t album as well.

this is such an incredible album... the follow up is almost as good, too. ..Simone is one of those artists who can usually do no wrong but his solo album last year really didn't hit me as hard as the Duke and the king albums..i haven't heard anything else, i'd have to look and see if there is anything else--- i put this album down for a year and recently came back to it..holy smokes. every time he's playing in NYC, i've had a commitment...big big fan, though....i think because i read about this before i heard it (his wife had a late term miscarriage and he holed himself up in a cabin in the catskills and made this with his friend), it took on more meaning to me..almost like he was singing to his unborn child.

he is clearly my favorite Felice Bros.. :cool:

Cool, I'll have to at least check out their follow up, thanks. Agreed, knowing the circumstances before listening to this album gave it extra meaning to me as well. I wonder if that's what led to him leaving his brothers?

From what I can recall he is a hell of a drummer in the sense that he seems to try and destroy his kit when he's playing. I saw the entire Felice Bros in '08 and it was comical to me how violently he was playing. Funny side note about that show, Justin Townes Earle opened for them. I don't envision that ever happening again!

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

he.who.forgets

Jim James - Regions of Light and sound of God
MMJ - It Still Moves
Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors

Jeff Murray

Baroness - Yellow and Green
Baroness - Red Album
Baroness - Blue Album
Brown Bird - Fits of Reason
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Specter At The Feast

Still waiting on my Brown Bird "Salt For Salt" album that I ordered back in January... sent them a nice reminder last night.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

e_wind

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Mar 04, 2013, 06:04 PM
MMJ - It Still Moves

censored colors is great. that was my intro into PtM. The song Colors is what made me think they were awesome
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

he.who.forgets

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 06, 2013, 03:05 PM
Quote from: he.who.forgets on Mar 04, 2013, 06:04 PM
MMJ - It Still Moves

censored colors is great. that was my intro into PtM. The song Colors is what made me think they were awesome
me too! I'm fairly new to vinyl but figured PTM should sound pretty good on the ole turntable.  Looking forward to spinning it.

he.who.forgets

Iron & Wine: Our Endless Days are Numbered
Pearl Jam: Vs
Pearl Jam: Ten
Fleet Foxes: S/T
Jimi Hendrix: Live @ Monterey
Cat Power: The Greatest
The Black Keys:  Rubber Factory

Come Closer

I picked up PJ self-titled at the PO today. The booklet is tight! Also, the mailman dropped off Country Mice-Twister and it included a handwritten note and a cd called Transmissions.  :beer:

alienlanes

Our friend is moving and decided he'd rather clear some of his vinyl collection out than move it. We dropped by yesterday and got these, including a little bit of MMJ magic:

:thumbsup:

sweatboard

That Comets On Fire record is bad ass
There's Still Time.........

alienlanes

Which one - Blue Cathedral or Avatar?

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 15, 2013, 11:52 AM
..even glows in the dark!

just like rudolph's nose!! how awesome.  great album by the way.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

e-stone

popmarket deal of the day.  180-gram triple-vinyl reissue for $36.

i don't even have a turntable...yet.  i know, i have a disease....

justbcuzido

I just started listening to Phosphorescent recently because they were performing at the Heartbreak Banquet so I wanted to familiarize myself with them. Athough his songs are generally sleepy/chill, they really are transformed live.

So I just ordered Phosphorescent, "Here's to Taking it Easy" from amazon this morning after seeing them last night. Love "Los Angeles"

Anyone else into his group?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

sweatboard

Quote from: alienlanes on Mar 13, 2013, 01:21 AM
Which one - Blue Cathedral or Avatar?

Blue Cathedral...I haven't heard the other one.  Which do you prefer?     
There's Still Time.........

Penny Lane

Quote from: justbcuzido on Mar 15, 2013, 01:49 PM
I just started listening to Phosphorescent recently because they were performing at the Heartbreak Banquet so I wanted to familiarize myself with them. Athough his songs are generally sleepy/chill, they really are transformed live.

So I just ordered Phosphorescent, "Here's to Taking it Easy" from amazon this morning after seeing them last night. Love "Los Angeles"

Anyone else into his group?

lots of people are into him...Pride is incredible and also his Willie Nelson covers album, too...his live show is a bit too sleepy for me but others here love him..(see other music threads)

on that To Willie album, i never knew Reasons to Quit was written by Merle Haggard???
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill