What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Come Closer

I just preordered All Hail West Texas.  :beer:

alienlanes

I picked this up last night and got it signed by the band's main songwriter/guitarist Deniz Tek

weeniebeenie

Apparently one of the people I work with used to be room mates with someone from Radio Birdman. Don't know if it's true or not.
How loud can silence get?

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ob1jacobe

can't wait for it to arrive!  Will start listening to digital copy first thing tomorrow morning.  I really like the Amazon aut rip feature on vinyl purchase, digital copy in the cloud as soon as you buy.

e-stone

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

jcoyote

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 20, 2013, 03:37 PM

can't wait for it to come

Uh, where did you get that!??!?!  Apple is untouchable!  I would love to have this version!

Dillsnufus

Quote from: jcoyote on May 21, 2013, 05:23 PM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 20, 2013, 03:37 PM

can't wait for it to come

Uh, where did you get that!??!?!  Apple is untouchable!  I would love to have this version!

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/releases/Mother_Love_Bone/Mother_Love_Bone

preorders are sold out as far as I know so you'll have to check google and ebay. I got mine on ebay and it's sold out now . I'll update this post with a link if i find anything.

http://www.amazon.com/Mother-Love-Bone/dp/B00C7CTYGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369199440&sr=8-1&keywords=mother+love+bone+vinyl

not that cheap but relatively cheap compared to other mlb vinyl.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mother-Love-Bone-Mother-Love-Bone-Vinyl-2-LP-Import-2013-New-Black-Vinyl-/221230085310?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item33825734be

not the Purple vinyl version but Black is usually best anyway.

http://www.musicrecordshop.com/Mother-Love-Bone-Import-PRE-ORDER/dp/B00C7CTYGK
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Come Closer

Came home to 2 packages on my doorstep. One was Houndmouth, still haven't heard the leak so first listen will be on vinyl. The other was Wrecking Ball by Dead Confederate.

Crispy

Some spoils from another nice SF binge:

Hoo!

I needed another copy, found one in great shape

(Tortoise and Bonny Prince Billy - The Brave and the Bold...I got this mostly for the cover art)

(Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams)

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

jcoyote

Just wanted to thank Dillsnufus.  Had no idea that the MLB was released on vinyl!! Picked it up off of soundstagedirect.  I am much grateful. 

Dillsnufus

Quote from: jcoyote on May 30, 2013, 04:58 PM
Just wanted to thank Dillsnufus.  Had no idea that the MLB was released on vinyl!! Picked it up off of soundstagedirect.  I am much grateful.

you're welcome. I got the purple on tuesday  :cry: :cry: But it's very warped.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ruckus

Nice choices folks!   I'll finally have Muchacho proper next week.  Can't wait.  Song of the Pearl is almost a perfect record IMO Crispy.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

bluesky

Quote from: Crispy on May 30, 2013, 10:59 AM
Some spoils from another nice SF binge:

Hoo!

I needed another copy, found one in great shape

(Tortoise and Bonny Prince Billy - The Brave and the Bold...I got this mostly for the cover art)

(Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams)

i'm still confused about how many ladies are laying in that bed on the phosy cover  :huh:
classic Roxy Music love it!

jcoyote

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 30, 2013, 06:25 PM
Quote from: jcoyote on May 30, 2013, 04:58 PM

you're welcome. I got the purple on tuesday  :cry: :cry: But it's very warped.

Oh No!!!  What are you going to do?  There are tips out there where you can put a record between two sheets of glass and put it in the oven, but I would be very careful w/ a record that costs that much.  Are you going to return it?  Good luck!

justbcuzido

Desert Etiquette by Floating Action.. He only made 300 copies of it and it sounds great on vinyl!!!

snag one up if there are any left.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Crispy

Val, I'm sticking to my assertion that there are three Phossy ladies...that we can see.

I also ordered that Desert Etiquette record, as well as this:

(click to get yer own)

Getting warped vinyl when you've paid good money for it sucks bad, dilly, here's hoping you can return it and get a good one. I've never tried de-warping, I have a couple that I might try it with but I wouldn't expect much.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jeff Murray

Just ordered the new ASG album "Blood Drive"

It is streaming on bandcamp here....  http://asgnation.bandcamp.com/

Also pre-ordered the new Baroness ep... was able to get the clear with black and gold splattering.

Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??