What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Dude looking through this thread has just spent my next four paychecks.  i love buying records but this could get dangerous.  do homeless shelters have record players!  only joking.  wish i could get and listen to all of these great records.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

I met a guy from Des Moines who is going through the collection of a vinyl hoarder who died recently without a will.  He has over 2000 new/unopened titles and over 8000 used.  He's posting them in batches on eBay (as basement-cleaner), but also puts lists out the day before on Craigslist, so I negotiated for these 20 titles, which he delivered today.

Exile on Main Street, Infinite Arms, and Heady Nuggs are box sets. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

GO4IT

That looks like a good start, John.  You should just make an offer for the whole collection and be done with it!  :thumbsup: :grin: :beer:

parkervb

thanks JY (i think).  I'm already in on a couple of records and will be stalking this guys ebay page for weeks now. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

parkervb

Hawkeye

We could.

Ob1jacobe

Need Sturgill Simpson, love it sooo much!

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 09, 2014, 02:33 PM
I met a guy from Des Moines who is going through the collection of a vinyl hoarder who died recently without a will.  He has over 2000 new/unopened titles and over 8000 used.  He's posting them in batches on eBay (as basement-cleaner), but also puts lists out the day before on Craigslist, so I negotiated for these 20 titles, which he delivered today.

Exile on Main Street, Infinite Arms, and Heady Nuggs are box sets.

Good look on that yac. Just put a bid on Elvis Costello - My Aim is True, been wanting that on vinyl for awhile.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

Emb1528

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 14, 2014, 05:20 PM

preorder

Nice! I bought the Lucius 7" too. Still want to snag that Dallas Buyers Club album as well.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

johnnYYac

parkervb

johnnYYac

getinthevan

In the midst of moving across the country, we stopped in Michigan to visit our families for a week, so naturally I had to go to the ol' stomping grounds. 

And I convinced my sister to pick up this gem for an outrageous $15.  I was actually shocked at how cheap it was and demanded that she buy it.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

getinthevan

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 28, 2014, 04:35 PM

I'm jealous.  A friend and I were just discussing the fact that neither of us have seen it for much less than $40. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

johnnYYac

Quote from: getinthevan on Jul 29, 2014, 12:51 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 28, 2014, 04:35 PM

I'm jealous.  A friend and I were just discussing the fact that neither of us have seen it for much less than $40.
I lucked out... $15 on eBay, new.

Come Closer