Should we let this guy post on this thread? :grin: :grin: :grin:

No. :grin:

Recent pickups:

(The Asteroid #4 - S/T)

(Volume I)

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:  

An orange copy -- THANKS JOHNNY!

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

I've been trying to get my hands on that Sun Kil Moon for years now.  Nice Job!
There's Still Time.........

Crispy

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 11, 2014, 09:03 PM

Same here. Johnny facilitated that one too, picking it up from his local pusher and shipping it to me.  :cheesy:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

parkervb

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 12, 2014, 09:08 AM

Same here. Johnny facilitated that one too, picking it up from his local pusher and shipping it to me.  :cheesy:

man, JY got the hook up!  I lurk almost every day on that guy's eBay page to see what other goodies he's posted up.  Some solid deals.
Don't you ever turn it off

Crispy

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 12, 2014, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Aug 12, 2014, 09:08 AM

man, JY got the hook up!  I lurk almost every day on that guy's eBay page to see what other goodies he's posted up.  Some solid deals.

Hell yeah -- after landing the whale above, I had to stop looking at his stuff.  :grin:

rincon2

Bought the CD when it came out based on reviews in the LA Times and other paper sources. There was really very few ways to discover new music in the 80's, so it was a gamble that resulted in one of to my top ten favorite albums ever. Just picked up the vinyl. It is so varied that all the other Pixies albums I have listened to just sound like the same song over and over.

Hawkeye

This fine trilogy

Also just FYI...and not sure if this is allowed here or not...but I will have some vinyl for sale on Discogs.  Nothing brand new, but in good shape.  Need to finance some recent stereo purchases, lol!  I'll post a link when the list is more complete.  Will probably have a Songs: Ohia "Journey On" box set available (only played a few sides).
We could.

johnnYYac

signed by Tim at the SoO show in Boston

limited red vinyl, new for $12 (contains MMJ cover of Turn, Turn, Turn)

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Wow what a haul Yaccster, isn't that Lucero live album like 6 records?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
Four.

wolof7

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 16, 2014, 02:51 AM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
Four.

Still.....that's 8 sides. I dl it last night, great live record!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Santo

This album is amazing...

Finally bought this one:

and a little local color:

weeniebeenie

Badger Clark? That's cool. My sister bought me a book of his poems last year for my birthday- Sun and Saddle Leather. I love it.
How loud can silence get?

Santo

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Aug 17, 2014, 05:49 AM
Badger Clark? That's cool. My sister bought me a book of his poems last year for my birthday- Sun and Saddle Leather. I love it.

I love Badger Clark. South Dakota's first Poet Laureate. His poster has been staring at me in my office. I could not resist buying this record. Do you have any connection to SoDak?

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Santo on Aug 17, 2014, 06:16 AM
Quote from: weeniebeenie on Aug 17, 2014, 05:49 AM

I love Badger Clark. South Dakota's first Poet Laureate. His poster has been staring at me in my office. I could not resist buying this record. Do you have any connection to SoDak?

No connection to SoDak. I've never been to America (I'm from Australia), my sister found the book and assumed I would like it. I actually had no idea  who he was until I read it.
How loud can silence get?

johnnYYac

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 21, 2014, 06:03 PM
From last night's show.

Jealous of the signatures. I've got Born on Flag Day on vinyl but I think it's a little messed up. Always sounded a bit odd when playing.

Also, in case anyone wasn't aware - there's a 50% off moving sale going on right now at Insound.com.

There's a HUGE number of items for sale. Some are backordered but may come back in stock. Anyway, here's a Reddit link that has a lot of details including an excel spreadsheet with the full list and discounts (so you don't have to click through hundreds of pages) as well as a 10% coupon code: LINK

I am not sure if they are backordered but there was some Jacket stuff on there. Also a ton of Third Man Records stuff (Live from Third Man, 7" singles)