Main Menu

The Fervor

Started by Crispy, Feb 08, 2011, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

If y'all haven't checked out The Fervor, I highly recommend. I'm only familiar with a few of their tunes from the Louisville is for Lovers stuff, and can't wait to get the new record.

Via Removador:

The Fervor Release Arise, Great Warrior on Yim Yames' Removador Recordings & Solutions
Album Out Now Digitally; CD available via SonaBLAST; LP on Karate Body
"... a mesmerizing, emotive sound that creeps and builds like a gathering storm"
-Cincinnati CityBeat
"Natalie Felker is an indie rock Karen Carpenter."
-No Depression
Louisville, Kentucky quartet The Fervor have teamed up with My Morning Jacket frontman Yim Yames to release their ethereal new full-length Arise, Great Warrior on his label, Removador Recordings & Solutions. The album is out now digitally along with a CD version available through SonaBLAST and LP from Karate Body. With its combination of mysterious yet timeless lyrics and brooding arrangements, Arise is a poignant and gripping ride from start to finish.
The first words on the record uttered by frontwoman Natalie Felker are "Arise, great warrior / inside you're a destroyer / by the time we see the sun / you're already on the run." Delivered in her husky voice with its distinct and seductive tone, she paints a mystical, dreamlike picture. Alongside Natalie's radiant vocals and shimmering keys, guitarist Ben Felker, bassist Michael Campbell and drummer Mat Herron create hypnotic atmospheres in each song that stomp and crash toward epic climaxes.
Arise was produced by Charles Gonzalez, who recorded with the band in San Francisco, where they experienced a rebirth of sorts. Rather than aiming for note-for-note perfection, the group strived to capture an enrapturing performance of each song. The Fervor then headed back to Louisville to mix the album with engineer Kevin Ratterman (My Morning Jacket, Wax Fang). By keeping the focus on the power of what the four band members can do together in a room, the result is an album fueled by an energy that feels potent and organic around every corner. All the exciting twists and turns build up to an ultimate catharsis as the haunting final notes of "Let's Get Loaded" gently ring out.

Tour Dates:

02/13:  Louisville, KY @ Derby City Espresso (Duo Show/No Kill Louisville Benefit)
02/21: Lexington, KY @ Cosmic Charlie's
02/23: Yellow Springs, OH @ 91.3 WYSO
02/23: Dayton, OH @ South Park Tavern
03/16-20: Austin, TX @ SXSW
04/07: St. Louis, MO @ Off Broadway
04/08: Kansas City, MO @ News Room
04/09: Belleville, IL @ Blue Agave
04/11: Chicago, IL @ Darkroom Bar
04/12: Columbus, OH @ Treehouse
04/13: Pittsburgh, PA @ Howler's Coyote Cafe
04/14: Charlottesville, VA @ Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar
04/16: Mount Pleasant, SC @ Village Tavern
04/19: Savannah, GA @ Sentient Bean
04/20: Atlanta, GA @ Highland Inn Ballroom
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

TheBigChicken

Those cats opened for Bright Eyes in Tampa several years ago and they were really good. Don't know who the guitarist is or was but that dude could REALLY play
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry