So, just when does it end?

Started by rincon, Feb 11, 2011, 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

I got the MMJ bug in April of last year. I am still,(intentionally), not completely familiar with their complete catalog. After 10 months of being a fan, I still feel bored with all of my old favorites. I put on some MMJ, and it transforms my mood, and makes all of my old faves seem pedestrian. I have been a Who fanatic for over 30 years, and any idea that someone was in their league was absurd. I have to say, Okonosis is the only music to ever challenge Live at Leads, and for completely different reasons. So, when will I get used to Jim's voice and put them in the category of all of my other lifetime favorites? I will turn 50 this summer, so I have some serious perspective.

tdb810

It never ends!!!!!!  Just gets more Intense!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

Jon T.

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 11, 2011, 09:41 PM
It never ends!!!!!!  Just gets more Intense!!!!

Well if that's not damn truth...

johnnYYac

I'm reminded of the reaction of two NPR hosts following the March 13, 2008 SXSW Austin, TX show.  Take a listen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGYA4FUY

"I was really blown away.  I like this band... I love this band... I love them even more now."
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

You had me worried, so worried that this would last
I'm surrounded by assholes

vespachick

Quote from: rincon on Feb 11, 2011, 08:57 PM
I got the MMJ bug in April of last year. I am still,(intentionally), not completely familiar with their complete catalog. After 10 months of being a fan, I still feel bored with all of my old favorites. I put on some MMJ, and it transforms my mood, and makes all of my old faves seem pedestrian. I have been a Who fanatic for over 30 years, and any idea that someone was in their league was absurd. I have to say, Okonosis is the only music to ever challenge Live at Leads, and for completely different reasons. So, when will I get used to Jim's voice and put them in the category of all of my other lifetime favorites? I will turn 50 this summer, so I have some serious perspective.
I get Okonosis all the time on Friday nights!!! ;D ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

FiddleCastro

It seems like The Who to MMJ is a natural progression.  ;)
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Honest Man

It never ends. It gets progressively worse for the better.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

APR

I hear you loud and clear.  I'm 39 and have been a Pearl Jam fanatic for 20 years.  I too didn't think I could ever consider another band as a favorite.  I think that changed....  I got the MMJ bug a few years ago and now realize that these guys are too good to describe (transforms moods, puts smiles on faces, thought provoking lyrics, all out rocking, etc.). 

I highly recommend getting all of MMJ's back catalog.  Do not delay... you will be blown away song after song.  After listening to Okonokos over and over, I went and got all of their old stuff (albums, EPs, live releases, individual songs on various soundtracks/shows).   Now that I "discovered" the old stuff, I can't wait for what is next.  Enjoy!

darkglow

OneBigMageetah

"Its like staring in to a vast and expanding euphoric void and its filled with all your hopes, dreams and reverb...you step back and wipe your eyes because you cant believe this is real, but you know it is...and you grin knowing that all is well in that moment and you can allways go back...allways." whoa :dankk2:

FiddleCastro

Speaking of The Who, It's the 41st anniversary of some show they did in Leeds. Heard it was a good one  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Erik26

Once they got ya, they got ya. It will NEVER end!!! :D
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need