Grammy's

Started by e_wind, Feb 13, 2011, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

EasyRyder

Quote from: kydiddle on Feb 13, 2011, 10:36 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
If cee-lo wears that costume and brings the muppets to the Hangout im gonna lose my shit.

Seriously. Can we lose our shit together because that was hilarious. The little pug puppet next to the piano? What the what?

Oh yes! I think everyone should join in and lose their shit together on this one.

And toretm, ever since I heard cee-lo's "Gettin' Grown" and saw him on the lineup with MMJ, I hoped that they would cover Curtis Mayfield together. Them dueting "Billy Jack" might end global warming and bring about world peace all in under 7 minutes.

On topic remark: Mick Jagger is a flailing fiend. I'm 40 years younger and can't move my hips like that  ???
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 13, 2011, 10:10 PM
I hate Muse. I rather like the new Neil and Petty albums, although Grammy doesn't look too far out of the establishment box. There were many 2010 rock albums more deserving of noms.

When will Grammy get rid of some of their horribly outdated categories such as "Best Alternative Album" etc...?

agree about Muse..they've always been a watered down Radiohead or The Verve--they've never come into their own, but opening up for U2 and suddenly they're awesome. Arcade Fire is way overrated, too..WTF album of the year? it's not even as good as their first one...

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Cee Lo and Gwyneth stole the show for sure.   That was awesome.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 14, 2011, 09:26 AM
I hate Muse. I rather like the new Neil and Petty albums, although Grammy doesn't look too far out of the establishment box. There were many 2010 rock albums more deserving of noms.

When will Grammy get rid of some of their horribly outdated categories such as "Best Alternative Album" etc...?

agree about Muse..they've always been a watered down Radiohead or The Verve--they've never come into their own, but opening up for U2 and suddenly they're awesome. Arcade Fire is way overrated, too..WTF album of the year? it's not even as good as their first one...

BEHOLD THE AWESOME POWER OF TWILIGHT

el_chode

The masses have spoken regarding the Arcade Fire

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/

The masses are largely ignorant

e_wind

Quote from: el_chode on Feb 14, 2011, 11:53 AM
The masses have spoken regarding the Arcade Fire

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/

The masses are largely ignorant

My favorite "I don't know who Arcade Fire is blah blah" and the response was "Arcade Fire is a song the band is called the Suburbs."
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

kydiddle

That tumblr is awesome. I love ignorant people with terrible grammar. The "Alot Monster" strikes again.

Cow temperature.

el_chode

Quote from: kydiddle on Feb 14, 2011, 12:03 PM
That tumblr is awesome. I love ignorant people with terrible grammar. The "Alot Monster" strikes again.

That's like 70% of the Internet haha

el_chode

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 14, 2011, 12:51 PM
Think someone was drinking at the grammys tonight

Not to be a dick and make you feel like a dick, but she likely had a stroke on air, or at the very least a seizure

walterfredo

interesting, hadn't heard that.  I just did a google search and read what you're talking about. 

el_chode

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
interesting, hadn't heard that.  I just did a google search and read what you're talking about.

Yeah, same thing happened to me a little over a year ago. Put me in the hospital for a week and a couple thousand dollars in debt. Fun times.

But, she also just might have been a Bieber fan and couldn't understand how he didn't win.

Jaimoe

I think Arcade Fire, until last night, were underrated. The Suburbs may not as soar as high as The Funeral or rock out like Neon Bible, but it's just as great as both, although it's more of a long-play, introspective grower instead of immediate shower. And, other than being undermined by Grammys' direction and lighting, are one of the best live bands on the planet.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 14, 2011, 02:27 PM

I think Arcade Fire, until last night, were underrated. The Suburbs may not as soar as high as The Funeral or rock out like Neon Bible, but it's just as great as both, although it's more of a long-play, introspective grower instead of immediate shower. And, other than being undermined by Grammys' direction and lighting, are one of the best live bands on the planet.

Agreed and well said Jaimoe.