Main Menu

T. Hardy Morris

Started by spence, Apr 19, 2015, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spence

Has anyone else seen T. Hardy Morris in concert?  I had never heard of him until last night.  I saw him open up for the Futurebirds and I think he had the better set.  The guy is a real character, he has a mullet haircut and a tie dye shirt with a cat on the front but he and his band were great.  He sings and plays lead guitar and he also had a bass player, drummer and pedal steel.  They have so much energy, especially the drummer.  Some songs are more country but they get heavy at times.  I think a lot of you on this forum would like his show a lot so check him out if you get the chance.

Sassbox

Many times when he was fronting Dead Confederate. I've only seen him solo once.

In fact, I think we ran in to him at MMJ's Milwaukee show back in '08. Or maybe it was at a bar. I can't remember.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

parkervb

haven't seem him but definitely dig his sound. Picked up the Futurebirds/THM split 7'' for RSD.
Don't you ever turn it off

LBSUNFLWR

I saw last year as an opening act for someone I don't know at Zanzabar, tiny venue.
He was awesome and we got to talk to him after the show. Audition Tapes was the first album of his I heard but my bf was a fan.

mahg33ta

I've seen him once live (besides diamond rugs) and really enjoyed his show.   He's a very likable dude.

BH

I've seen Dead Confederate but not T Hardy Morris.   I'd love to.   I have his solo album and like it quite a bit.   I still listen to Dead Confederate's album "Wrecking Ball" all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdEz7vj3gMg

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

spence

T's new band is called Hardy & The Hardknocks and their album is Drownin on a Mountaintop.  I listened today and recognized most songs from his show I saw this spring.  It's a fun one.

LBSUNFLWR

I listened to it last night and also liked it. I really prefer the stringy sounding songs over the Nirvana sounding songs but that's just me. Will definitely listen again this weekend and hope to see him come through Louisville again soon.

ruralt

Haven't seen him live but I really enjoyed Audition Tapes. Tried to get into Dead Confederate but it didn't work out too well. This thread reminded me that I need to check out his new album!

werduga

i've seen T. hardy a bunch of times and all of his bands( dead confed, diamond rugs, solo) and I've always enjoyed his sound. He is a great guy and usually willing to have a drink after his sets. I'm glad he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Love his new album, its what it would sound like if Kurt Cobain had grown up in Augusta Ga and not Aberdeen Wa.

werduga

T. Hardy is playing a free show the Sunday after MMJ at Park Tavern with Roadkill Ghost Choir and Susto. Great FREE show!