Update on Johnny Quaid

Started by antoniostrohs, Oct 20, 2006, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure what I miss more, Jims hair or Johnny.

Johnny Q had tremendous hair, too! Like the soft silky wavy hair of the elite Mannequins at Bloomingdales, the ones you do a double-take at because they look so real.
Part of wanting to re-live October of 2010 is about the Johnny (hair and guitar) Quaide experience.

However, the band stands as it should..with one leader, one beauitfully coiffed front man, with wonderfully ambitious and always unpredictable musically rich DNA infused wild and crazy hair.

Is it Friday yet? Where do all the high school girls hang out?

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

I think they should bring Johnny back just to cover Green grass and high tides by the Outlaws. 

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Taterbug on Mar 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
I think they should bring Johnny back just to cover Green grass and high tides by the Outlaws. 

:thumbsup:
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

weeniebeenie

I love Carl (really, he's my favourite MMJ-er) but the more the merrier!!!! Bring Johnny back.
How loud can silence get?

aMillionDreams

I totally agree!  I miss Johnny.  My favorite moments were whenever he would stand at center stage with the guitar held up in front of his face and rip the outro part to The Way That He Sings.

Also, at waterfront in 2002 he climbed the PA system right in front of me, lost his footing, and almost sent both of us to the hospital but he pulled it off.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Long Live Johnny!!!! He and Jim had just the right amount of reverb on those amps....the GREEN Tone!

My Morning Jacket - War Begun

sweatboard

Can anyone find a video of Johnny and Jim playing "Picture Of You"  I'm almost positive I've seen one.  Then again, I also had a really vivid dream of them just killing that one and me standing right in front of them, so it might have just been a dream.  Dylan?

ynwa

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 11, 2011, 07:18 PM
My favorite moments were whenever he would stand at center stage with the guitar held up in front of his face and rip the outro part to The Way That He Sings.

YES!  this is the image that's burned into my brain from the 1st time i saw 'em @ field day fest in '03.  i remember very few details (esp. now) but do recall being totally enthralled watching johnny "guitar hero" it up @ the end of TWTHS.  the rest of it is mostly a blur of hair whipping around & puddle stomping (the latter mainly done by jim) whilst rocking out.

johnny was (and still is) quite mesmerizing. 

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

tdb810

he is just so damn sexy, can i say that? 
so thrilled to be able to see him play at T5. He just takes the whole energy level up like many notches.  I almost always feel that my head will explode and I will pee my pants when I see them play, but with Mr. Quaid it's a definite.  :D
and he is just so f'ing sexy

.....Back at the Model Home

1978SGJ

as some of you may already know, i wasn't a fan of the band when Johnny was in it.
-now before everyone piles on all at once, let me clarify: i was in the service for the first half of the decade (00s), and i didn't have a whole lot of time to see shows or whatever. it wasn't until recently, that i reconnected w/ a childhood friend (honest man) who turned me onto Jacket.

that being said; i was at 3 of 5 Terminal 5 shows (AD, ISM, EU). and i gotta admit, the band is a completely different animal w/ Johnny Q. he plays w/ so much energy and isn't all that concerned w/ making mistakes.. it's all about the passion. and he has it in spades.
and you can see how infectious his playing style was.. watching Jim, Tommy, Patrick and Bo get after it like that; gives me goosebumps still, to this day.

Carl is a much more fluid player.. that cannot be denied. and yes he brings a few elements to the table that Johnny doesn't (eg. slide, sax, backing vox).
but he's no Johnny... unfortunately for all of us, that ship has sailed.

JQ highlight: watching a Johnny and Jim go apeshit during Black Sabbath.
oh, and Little Billy as well.. that performance makes my balls wet.
Little Billy_Tennessee Fire_MMJ Live@Terminal 5.MOV

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 14, 2011, 11:40 AM
he is just so damn sexy, can i say that? 
so thrilled to be able to see him play at T5. He just takes the whole energy level up like many notches.  I almost always feel that my head will explode and I will pee my pants when I see them play, but with Mr. Quaid it's a definite.  :D
and he is just so f'ing sexy

to clarify, in no way is he JJ sort of not of this earth sexy...
but if we are talking just on this planet sexy--OMFG holy f*ck balls- the hair, the dimples, the personality, the guitar--
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Honest Man

I'm with Sweatboard - PWW @ Mercury Lounge. Also there is a kick ass "It's about Twilight Now" on you tube from when they were real young. Awesome stuff. Even Tommy is losing his mind.

My Morning Jacket - It's About Twilight Now (7/8/2000)
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

tdb810

this is how i feel about Johnny:

.....Back at the Model Home

sweatboard

Quote from: Honest Man on Mar 14, 2011, 01:28 PM
I'm with Sweatboard - PWW @ Mercury Lounge. Also there is a kick ass "It's about Twilight Now" on you tube from when they were real young. Awesome stuff. Even Tommy is losing his mind.

My Morning Jacket - It's About Twilight Now (7/8/2000)

Thanks for that!!!  That right there was a good example of why God invented rock music.  I love that Johnny was channeling his inner Kurt Cobain AND Krist Novoselic.........he wanted to smash that guitar so bad  ;D