Previous topic - Next topic

MikeR1390

Favorite of the three released so far??

TSarge

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Mar 21, 2011, 10:26 PM
Favorite of the three released so far??

Butch Cassidy! Though that One Big Holiday version is amazing

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

subinai

wakebord

I just double checked the youtube videos of OBH from ISM night.  Definitely had Johnny Quaid on the version they just gave us!  and Danny Cash!

Best set of guitar solos at the end of OBH since they played with Kirk Hammet at Roo - although I might have to give this one the nod.  Much tighter.

Haldon

i didn't get my download until 9:47pm, and that is past my computer checking time (cause I'm lame and was in bed)

so i was super pumped to come into work today and find this little gem waiting in my inbox for me

wow....i forgot how amazing the performance of OBH with the horns and everyone on stage was...i can def feel the power through my computer speakers at work

something tells me i'll be listening to this one a few times over

TSarge

The horns were the Dearland horns, right?

el_chode

This is great. From where I was standing during this, the mix was awful at the worst part of the show. Overall, the show sounded fine, but for this song, all I heard was fuzz and a little bit of horns. Couldn't distinguish between what was actually being played and what I was just "singing along in my head". Could barely tell any of the guitars apart.

So crisp and clear now
I'm surrounded by assholes

kydiddle

Quote from: el_chode on Mar 22, 2011, 09:22 AM
This is great. From where I was standing during this, the mix was awful at the worst part of the show. Overall, the show sounded fine, but for this song, all I heard was fuzz and a little bit of horns. Couldn't distinguish between what was actually being played and what I was just "singing along in my head". Could barely tell any of the guitars apart.

So crisp and clear now

EXACTLY! I didn't get too excited when I saw OBH pop up in my email, but my GAWD this recording is phenomenal. I missed so much at the show because it was just noise and my own yelling inside my head. Please, please, please release them all....
Cow temperature.

Crispy

So awesome! The intensity and energy on stage was amazing, and the rushing going on towards the end is understandable with all that craziness. It felt like an encore in the middle of the show, and was a great foreshadowing for the end of the week!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jon T.

I can't stop listening to Butch Cassidy.  It made me start thinking that with this being the song they picked to release, there is a good chance it starts to get some play time.  Right?  Then I started thinking about how awesome this song would be as the first song of an encore.  I'm getting tired of daydreaming about this kind of stuff.  I really, really need a tour announcement.  PRONTO!

1978SGJ

Quote from: el_chode on Mar 22, 2011, 09:22 AM

So crisp and clear now

i concur. the sound at T5 was very boomy.. some songs were muddy, while  others were crystal clear. this OBH version (3 guitars/horns) was incredible but, it will always pale in comparison to the Great Plaza show in Philly last august. my boy and i were right up front and Jim got so close i almost touched him. Carl was soloing like a foot away from my camera. glorious.

you know what they say; you'll never, ever forget your first time (show). lol

One Big Holiday

el_chode

I just want to clarify, when I say "the mix was awful at the worst part of the show", I of course meant "best" when I said "worst", as in "this couldn't have fallen a part at a worse time".

Also, I was not referring to any sausage-like portion of the show, so don't go accusing me of saying the band is sausagey

darkglow

Quote from: el_chode on Mar 22, 2011, 12:50 PM
I just want to clarify, when I say "the mix was awful at the worst part of the show", I of course meant "best" when I said "worst", as in "this couldn't have fallen a part at a worse time".

Also, I was not referring to any sausage-like portion of the show, so don't go accusing me of saying the band is sausagey

i dont think i'll ever be able to explain how awesome it was at T5.. a part of me wants to be humble and gracious and not giving the T5 week as much credit as it deserves for the sake of those who weren't there...

and then i'm like.. F THAT.. it was the greatest week of music ever

el_chode

Quote from: darkglow on Mar 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Mar 22, 2011, 12:50 PM

i dont think i'll ever be able to explain how awesome it was at T5.. a part of me wants to be humble and gracious and not giving the T5 week as much credit as it deserves for the sake of those who weren't there...

and then i'm like.. F THAT.. it was the greatest week of music ever

It def was, I'm just glad we got a second OBH as that was really the only song where it was truly muddled for me. That and lil billy, but during that we just moved down to the floor and our problems vanished.

Im The Dude

My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday - Terminal 5 - 10-21-10

Since the download this week was One Big Holiday I wanted to throw up my youtube video of the song from that night. Seeing Danny Cash on stage was awesome and the horn section was having a blast too!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Erik26

Any guesses for next week. At this point I think it will be Gideon, Wordless or Anytime. Hoping for Dondante or Into the Woods personally.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

dookie shoot bandit

def agree! I hope its into the woods!  But after twths and obh i think it will be gideon, and go with the most played live theme  ;) ;)

YouAre_GivenToFly

Guesses: Gideon, Anytime

Wishes: Dondante, Into the Woods, Chills
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Im The Dude

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Mar 24, 2011, 08:21 PM
Guesses: Gideon, Anytime

Wishes: Dondante, Into the Woods, Chills

I sure hope so!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11