Progress Report: My Morning Jacket

Started by ChiefOKONO, Mar 11, 2011, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

Sounds good to me.  Nice find Chief.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

BH

Where does it say a release date chief?  I can't find it.

10 songs!   Is that new news?   I don't remember that being mentioned before.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

37flood is reporting the release date as 4/12.  But I didn't post it so I can't confirm it as true.  My boy John who did post it usually has good information.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

johnnYYac

Great article!  Nice find.  I can kinda see how you might interpret the release date as April 12, and the fact that 37flood has it is curious. 

It would be interesting if they posted a free download track on the 12th AND the whole album download for sale.  Has it been done before?  A surprise album release?  That would be great!

Its funny how Jim talks about the fame and popularity thing.  I remember asking Carl, Tommy, and Bo if they were comfortable; doing well enough to be satisfied where they are.  I guess I was wondering if they were gonna "try for the big time", so to speak. 

Jim- "Mostly, I think we're just really glad that we're not working at Starbucks or something. We're really happy to just be making music. Honestly. We are."

Reading Jim, with his "I hate talking, actually."  The other guys must REALLY hate talking.  ;D

I am pumped for this album more and more as I hear what the boys say about it.  The process and the motivation for this record is pure and simple. 

Jim- "we are a band and I really wanted to capture that. It was really about finding the best way to document us being a band and playing together live."

Ohhh yeahhhh...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 11, 2011, 09:13 PM
Great article!  Nice find.  I can kinda see how you might interpret the release date as April 12, and the fact that 37flood has it is curious. 

It would be interesting if they posted a free download track on the 12th AND the whole album download for sale.  Has it been done before?  A surprise album release?  That would be great!

Its funny how Jim talks about the fame and popularity thing.  I remember asking Carl, Tommy, and Bo if they were comfortable; doing well enough to be satisfied where they are.  I guess I was wondering if they were gonna "try for the big time", so to speak. 

Jim- "Mostly, I think we're just really glad that we're not working at Starbucks or something. We're really happy to just be making music. Honestly. We are."

Reading Jim, with his "I hate talking, actually."  The other guys must REALLY hate talking.  ;D

I am pumped for this album more and more as I hear what the boys say about it.  The process and the motivation for this record is pure and simple. 

Jim- "we are a band and I really wanted to capture that. It was really about finding the best way to document us being a band and playing together live."

Ohhh yeahhhh...
just read the article and they heve updated it to just "early summer" they are saying that april 12 is the day we get a new circuital track. i didn't see it before it says it was updated

EasyRyder

Jim may not like talking, but I love listening to his rambles at shows and reading his words! His thought processes and the attitudes of the band make perfect sense to me. Humility at its finest...Circuital minds unite!!  ;D

Thanks for sharing the article!!
<Album. Excitement. Building.>
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

darkglow

Quote from: scosby2 on Mar 12, 2011, 09:08 AM

Ohhh yeahhhh...
just read the article and they heve updated it to just "early summer" they are saying that april 12 is the day we get a new circuital track. i didn't see it before it says it was updated

good lookin out seth.. can't wait to drink a few with you at hangout fest

scosby2

me either my friend...we r gonna have one helluva weekend

SaraBananaBear

Oooh nice article, thanks for sharing!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Erik26

Ohhh yeahhhh...

Hilarious! I just posted the same thing in another thread. Surprise DL release it is then!!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

br00ke

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 11, 2011, 09:13 PM"we are a band and I really wanted to capture that. It was really about finding the best way to document us being a band and playing together live."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: