That Paste Article

Started by Zippo24u, Aug 22, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippo24u

This is crazy.

Paste: You contributed a track to America's 2007 album Here And Now. Have you always been an America fan, and what was it like working with those fellows?
James: We never met those guys, but yes, I was honored they covered our song. That session was hilarious: Patrick and I went in there and cut the track in one take and walked back out the door. It was awesome. I used to lay on my bedroom floor in high school coming down from acid with my fingers stuck in a Dairy Queen ice cream cake with Life cereal poured into it like a real bowl of cereal and just cry my eyes out while listening to "Tin Man" or "Lonely People." There was a phase in my life where I was exploring the more psychedelic side of life, and man, the nighttime would be filled with wild whipping metal music and pure-grain fruit punch and chaos and metal jaw-biting, spine-tingling mental confusion, and I remember so very clearly one morning laying in some shitty hotel room bed covered in applesauce, and the sun was starting to come up and I felt like I had just killed a baby seal...and I had lobsters crawling all over me and laying their eggs in my intestines...and somebody put on a mixtape that had "Tin Man" and "All the Lonely People" and then went into "Harvest" by Neil Young and I remember all the lobsters stopped laying their eggs and they sat up and looked at me and I looked at them and we all went "ahhhhhhh" and breathed a big sigh of relief...and crawled off the bed to lay on the floor next to the stereo to hear that pure, pure sound even purer in our ear holes...and that's when I knew I dug the folk rock.

Yea, Yim is on that level.
Don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down

Nikkogino

QuoteThis is crazy.

Paste: You contributed a track to America's 2007 album Here And Now. Have you always been an America fan, and what was it like working with those fellows?
James: We never met those guys, but yes, I was honored they covered our song. That session was hilarious: Patrick and I went in there and cut the track in one take and walked back out the door. It was awesome. I used to lay on my bedroom floor in high school coming down from acid with my fingers stuck in a Dairy Queen ice cream cake with Life cereal poured into it like a real bowl of cereal and just cry my eyes out while listening to "Tin Man" or "Lonely People." There was a phase in my life where I was exploring the more psychedelic side of life, and man, the nighttime would be filled with wild whipping metal music and pure-grain fruit punch and chaos and metal jaw-biting, spine-tingling mental confusion, and I remember so very clearly one morning laying in some shitty hotel room bed covered in applesauce, and the sun was starting to come up and I felt like I had just killed a baby seal...and I had lobsters crawling all over me and laying their eggs in my intestines...and somebody put on a mixtape that had "Tin Man" and "All the Lonely People" and then went into "Harvest" by Neil Young and I remember all the lobsters stopped laying their eggs and they sat up and looked at me and I looked at them and we all went "ahhhhhhh" and breathed a big sigh of relief...and crawled off the bed to lay on the floor next to the stereo to hear that pure, pure sound even purer in our ear holes...and that's when I knew I dug the folk rock.

Yea, Yim is on that level.

what the fudge

Don Dante

;D BAHAHAHA!  This was priceless.  Thank you Zippo and thank you Jim.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

xmascriminal

Laid Low

I LOVE AMERICA! (the band)
its not a head full of pills or amphetamines