Okkervil River - I Am Very Far

Started by wolof7, Jan 11, 2011, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

I Am Very Far - May 10th...psyched, these guys are underdogs in the indie rock spectrum.

Here's the first taste, and the album art as previously alluded to in the thread titled Brown Bird! Again another Will Schaff design for Will Sheff and Co.

http://pitchfork.com/news/41165-okkervil-river-perform-new-song-with-the-roots-and-ac-newman-on-fallon-reveal-new-album/
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ALady

I liked the new jam.

I got kind of sick of Okkervil for a while there since it seemed like they were playing every fest I went to...but now I'm jonesing for them again.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

wolof7

The DARK

I like what I hear here. The Stage Names was one of my favorite albums of the last decade, but I like the the tweaks in sound that I hear here.
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

ALady

I am positively in love with this record.  Love the orchestration.  I saw them do a few tunes from the record in March, but am really hoping to hear them with some strings/woodwinds at some point.

If you haven't heard this single (which came out in February) I'd recommend it too.

Okkervil River - Mermaid
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof7

Yes this album is freaking awesome....early favs are Piratess, We Need a Myth, Your Past Life as a Blast, Wake and Be Fine

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons