Record Store Day 2011 anyone?

Started by Im The Dude, Apr 12, 2011, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

I managed to pre-order the Justin Townes Earle single from a record store in Denver CO and our local store gave my sister the Foo Fighters RSD release for free. They had no MMJ, PJ or Tom Petty but a good day none the less.
How loud can silence get?

e_wind

All three Pic Disks plus 2 singles. Wanted 2 more things but the pic disks ended up being 45$ so i settled.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

sweatboard

HAPPY RECORD STORE DAY!!!!!!

SCORE......

Ordered MMJ single from ear-X
Guided By Voices - Tribute on vinyl
Ryan Adams - Class Mythology
Black Angels - EP's 12"
Iron and Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean
There's Still Time.........

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

br00ke

Happy Record Store Day party people  :bath:

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

ophidiophobia

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hooray for Record Store Day! My shop is Guestroom Records in Oklahoma City. I could barely carry all of the stuff I hauled away from two trips in last year, and this time I'm trying to limit the list I want going in. I'm not much of a picture disk guy, but if I see them it's going to be hard to resist. And I might have to snag those Ozzy records...

OZZY RSD Ambassador
Sorry to burst a bubble, but Guestroom only had one set of the pic discs and I bought all 3. The guys that run the store weren't real happy that I got all 3. I picked up the new Ryan Adams 7" along with the White Stripes 7"s and some more stuff. Stood in line for 2 1/2 hours but it was worth it!

vespachick

Went to 3 stores this morning and only was able to grab It Still Moves.  BUT, I got 2 copies of it! SO if anyone has an extra Z or EU, I will happily trade.   :)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Ruckus

Sorry to hear that Vespa.  I guess I'm sorta in the same boat.  Got a late start this morning after a long night last night but managed to score EU and ISM as well as Mastodon's Live at the Aragon, Flaming Lips' Heady Nuggs and a sweet score by my girlfriend of Baroness' 1st and 2nd EPS.

So...if anyone has like a couple of Z's lying around. ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

just curious, what were people charging for the picture discs?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

vespachick

Quote from: BH on Apr 16, 2011, 02:28 PM

One of my ISM's was $35.99 and the other was $29.99.  :-\

Ruckus

Quote from: vespachick on Apr 16, 2011, 02:32 PM

Didn't EWind just post that his picdisks were $45?! :o

e_wind

Yup mine were 45$ a piece. Bummer

vespachick

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 16, 2011, 02:34 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Apr 16, 2011, 02:32 PM

Didn't EWind just post that his picdisks were $45?! :o

Wow!  Somebody in line with us was talking about he liked the particluar record store because they adhere to the "Record Store Day" pact of not jacking up prices or allowing employees to pick through the stock before the public gets a chance.  I guess it pays to know your store policies.

Ruckus

I should add that we sauntered on over a couple of blocks in Fells Point to a used record store where the owner was only offering his own band's record for RSD. 8) :beer:  I managed to score a VG++ copy of John Prine's Common Sense for under $5.

headhunter

mine were $31 each at looney tunes in ny

headhunter

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 16, 2011, 02:42 PM
I should add that we sauntered on over a couple of blocks in Fells Point to a used record store where the owner was only offering his own band's record for RSD. 8) :beer:  I managed to score a VG++ copy of John Prine's Common Sense for under $5.

Awesome album!

e_wind

Ruckus

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 16, 2011, 02:47 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 16, 2011, 02:42 PM

Awesome album!
All I ever had of his was his debut and that greatest hits double disc along with the tribute album (all digital).  This is my first Prine vinyl. :)