Main Menu

Carl and Bo

Started by My Monkey Friend, Apr 01, 2011, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Monkey Friend

Looking at that new pic of them made me think of when Carl and Bo came on board. I think it was 2004, making them longer tenured band members (I think) than Johnny Quaid and the others. It seems at that point, the band really started to spin off in different directions (every one of them good), and I have to think it is because of what these two add to the group. Maybe its just me, but sometimes I think they get overlooked a tad. I cannot wait to see what kind of contributions they will have on Circuital.

To sum it up, this band could fart and it would probably sound awesome. backhanded way of saying this is the best, most exciting band I know.

e_wind

I've been meaning to ask, and this is the right thread, but where is Bo from?

Also, Carl is the man
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jon T.

Quote from: My Monkey Friend on Apr 01, 2011, 04:04 PM
Looking at that new pic of them made me think of when Carl and Bo came on board. I think it was 2004, making them longer tenured band members (I think) than Johnny Quaid and the others. It seems at that point, the band really started to spin off in different directions (every one of them good), and I have to think it is because of what these two add to the group. Maybe its just me, but sometimes I think they get overlooked a tad. I cannot wait to see what kind of contributions they will have on Circuital.

To sum it up, this band could fart and it would probably sound awesome. backhanded way of saying this is the best, most exciting band I know.

I was thinking about that picture, too...  And I do think that is the album cover, especially after today it's even more prominent than it was.  I think it's a bad ass picture and a bad ass album cover.  I hope there is no text, just the pic.  If it is the album cover, it's completely different than anything they've ever done.  But there have also been personnel changes over the years and maybe they've never been comfortable enough to use a band photo like that.  I l take it as them making a  liitle bit of a statement like, "this is it - we are My Morning Jacket".   But, that's just, like, my opinion, man!  Regardless, I love it.

rincon

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 01, 2011, 04:16 PM

Also, Carl is the man
When I went to see Carl in LA I was right next to the stage, almost in the wings if you could say that, the place is tiny. There was some dude sitting on the floor against the wall with an unshaven face and a beanie cap and a trench coat, playing with a smart phone. I was completely blocking his view and I wondered why this guy payed to see someone play in a room smaller than my house, and not even try to see. I was taking pics and someone bumped me to go on the stage and it was the street looking dude, who happened to be Bo.

vespachick

Also, Carl is the man

King Taco
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

weeniebeenie

I don't think Carl and Bo get overlooked. They've added so much since joining that I think it's impossible not to notice the impact they've had on the band.
How loud can silence get?

Jon T.

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 01, 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote from: My Monkey Friend on Apr 01, 2011, 04:04 PM

I was thinking about that picture, too...  And I do think that is the album cover, especially after today it's even more prominent than it was.  I think it's a bad ass picture and a bad ass album cover.  I hope there is no text, just the pic.  If it is the album cover, it's completely different than anything they've ever done.  But there have also been personnel changes over the years and maybe they've never been comfortable enough to use a band photo like that.  I l take it as them making a  liitle bit of a statement like, "this is it - we are My Morning Jacket".   But, that's just, like, my opinion, man!  Regardless, I love it.

I nailed that one...   ;D

ManNamedTruth

Also, Carl is the man

When I saw MMJ in Cleveland, Jim mentioned it was a hometown show for Bo. If you read this Bo, don't worry I don't think any less of you. ;)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

kotchishm

Yeah Bo is from Cleveland
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf