MMJ should do a movie soundtrack!!

Started by dookie shoot bandit, Apr 23, 2011, 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

so I'm watching elizabethtown, and i've been thinking of this for a while..., but that would be fuckin awesome if the guys did a soundtrack to a movie i.e. eddie vedder for into the wild, just recently grizzly bear for blue valentine, and i heard pearl jam is doing the music for the new cameron crowe movie. c'mon, how much better would a paul thomas anderson, or darren aronofsky, or a wes anderson, or spike jonze/charlie kaufman movie be if a little jim james lovin was put on it!!!!
like to hear your guys thoughts :coffee:

patrickbateman

Dude that is a brilliant idea. I would love nothing more

e_wind

Caneron Crowe is making a documentary of Pearl Jam, so yeah you could say they're providing the music  ;)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

dookie shoot bandit

Noooo!  I know about the documentary!  He also has another movie coming out in Decemember, We Bought A Zoo, that Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder has been attached to do music for it...

1eyed_jack

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 23, 2011, 12:16 AM
so I'm watching elizabethtown, and i've been thinking of this for a while..., but that would be fuckin awesome if the guys did a soundtrack to a movie i.e. eddie vedder for into the wild, just recently grizzly bear for blue valentine, and i heard pearl jam is doing the music for the new cameron crowe movie. c'mon, how much better would a paul thomas anderson, or darren aronofsky, or a wes anderson, or spike jonze/charlie kaufman movie be if a little jim james lovin was put on it!!!!
like to hear your guys thoughts :coffee:

probably much worse in that case. Aronofsky has Clint Mansell doing most of his films and he is probably the best in the business, the score for the fountain is one of my favorite albums

1eyed_jack

no disrespect to MMJ on that of course. I just love Clint Mansell's work and think it goes great with Aronofsky's vision

dookie shoot bandit

I no what you mean, aronofsky's movies are brilliant, was just using directors i thought would fit with mmj's style.  Like Paul Thomas Anderson for instance.  He has a scientology movie that is su[pposed to come out next year, The Master, and with all Jim's religious innuendos, this would be great for them