Ween Pandora Station

Started by zanjam, Mar 22, 2012, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanjam

In case anyone is as frustrated with their MMJ Pandora station as I was, this is a good fix.  Not sure why the MMJ station plays barely any MMJ and branches out in every which way, but if you make a Ween station, voila!  MMJ a couple times an hour, at least.  And lots of Stripes/Racs, Wilco, Iron and Wine, Delta Spirit, Talking Heads, Fleet Foxes, Bowie and of course, Ween, among other goodies.  MMJ station is just feh.

anything + reverb always = better

el_chode

Because of I'm Amazed getting plenty of department store airplay and their inclusion in the otherwise-shitty Muppets Soundtrack, I think Pandora's algorithms just assume they're something else and their only "indie" counterparts are Bon Iver and Band of Horses
I'm surrounded by assholes

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 PM
Ween station  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Woody!  I was just about to sign off and go to bed when I saw your post.  Hope all is well.  Miss your sunshine around here. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

zanjam

:beer:
Imagine my excitement last year when MMJ and Ween played my favorite festie, High Sierra.  Nothing can compare to my unencumbered view of both bands in the Sierra moonlight.  Epic.  Still almost can't believe it happened!!!

zanjam

Quote from: el_chode on Mar 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Because of I'm Amazed getting plenty of department store airplay and their inclusion in the otherwise-shitty Muppets Soundtrack, I think Pandora's algorithms just assume they're something else and their only "indie" counterparts are Bon Iver and Band of Horses

I heard Touch Me Pt 1 about a year ago in H&M.  I was happy and disgusted all at once. 

wolof7

I have been a proud Ween Station listener since Pandora's inception....definitely my favorite and have felt the same that MMJ station is lacklustre. Another one I hit up a lot is the Wilco station which is way more in line to what MMJ fans would look for....good call zanjam
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Woody!  I was just about to sign off and go to bed when I saw your post.  Hope all is well.  Miss your sunshine around here.

Aw thanks John!!  All is well is well is well  :)  Spring has sprung and has distracted me with the Blue Ridge Parkway once again, and I've taken on the vast bulk herbs section at the health food store I've been working at, ordering/receiving/loving the dried herbs  ;)  And I've been on a classic music kick for a long while now and haven't been diving into much new stuff..... feeling the need to catch up with the decades I missed out on!  And paying my dues, not going to much live music for the moment... not to go on and on, but thanks so much for asking!!!  I hope you and your lovely family are all doing excellent!!!  I miss hanging out in here and connecting with the most amazing beautiful family of music fans under the sun!!!  But I keep trying to pop in and check in on things when possible!  :bath:

Quote from: zanjam on Mar 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
Imagine my excitement last year when MMJ and Ween played my favorite festie, High Sierra.  Nothing can compare to my unencumbered view of both bands in the Sierra moonlight.  Epic.  Still almost can't believe it happened!!!

Oh I've imagined it plenty!  Hahahh when I saw it posted, a part of me pretty much keeled.  But I'm glad good people got to bear witness to these miraculous acts from the Cosmos, they deserve the richest appreciation humanly possible!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

They were back-to-back on one of the main stages at Lollapalooza last year, too.  Ween, then Beats Antique on a smaller stage behind us, then MMJ closing out the night.  I'd never seen, or heard, Ween until then.  Made for a great end to an awesome day in Chicago.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

I couldn't believe it either, 2 of my fav bands at my fav festy. This year will be high Sierra # 13 for me.