Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 10, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 09, 2011, 10:02 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 09, 2011, 09:05 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 09, 2011, 08:24 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 09, 2011, 07:01 PM
I felt like I was watching a video game last night. GB's offense is filthy.

The difference was the Saints 1 turnover, not GB's offense being "filthy"; The Saints had more 1st downs, more total yards, more yards per play and Brees threw for 100 more yards than Rogers. Those are just the stats.

Yeah, and anyone who watched the game knows that those stats were a product of the Saints going down 2 TDs halfway thru the 1st quarter and playing catchup the whole game.

I watched the game; I disagree that the Pack has a better offense than the Saints. They played "catch up" in the 4th quarter, but they didn't need to play "catch up" the whole game; they have Brees. Plus, it was 21-17 in the 2nd, and only down by 1 score throughout the 3rd, that's pretty "caught up" if you ask me.

I'd even go as far as to say the Saints did better against a better defense, too.

Already!? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, the NFL has never seen quarterbacking remotely close to this level.  That was the BEST quarterbacked game I've ever seen by both sides in a game ever!  This is no hyberbole.  What Rodgers and Brees were doing with their manipulation of the other team's respective defenses and pinpoint throwing was something I'd never seen before, not even in the best Manning/Brady matchups.  I agree that the Packers have the better D, and consistently put more pressure on Brees throughout the game.  As a result, Brees definitely had to work to get his yards.  BUT, his 3rd down success rate was remarkable.

On the other hand, though his sample size is still small, I already believe that Aaron Rodgers is the best football player I have ever seen period.  He is the total package with only his durability a subject of question.  Otherwise, he is the ultimate football weapon.

I laugh when people talk about all the "weapons" that both qbs have.  Are you kidding me?!  Outside of maybe Greg Jennings, none of the other skill players on either team are anything to write home about.  The throws being made to covered receivers on the money to their back shoulder or elsewhere before the receivers even turned to look astounding.  Great QBs make great receivers.  Great receivers don't make great qbs.  What if Lee Evans was drafted by the Colts and Marvin Harrison was drafted by the Bills?

Great blocking by Jimmy Graham on that run play on the 3rd down attempt inside the 10 the first time. ::)

Really the only difference was the Colston fumble.  With this kind of play, the NFL may end up reverting back to rules that help DBs a little more as the running game is becoming more and more peripheral and the spread offense the norm.  It's becoming arena league footaball on the 100x50

Yes , I seem to always be schooling the nooooBs here about football.  :)

I actually like the Pack and agree with a lot of what you're saying about Rodgers. Best player ever? Not going to go there anytime soon, but I do enjoy his skills and the way he "is" on the field.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Also, it was great to see the rest of the world introduced to Randall Cobb. As an SEC fan, I was very familiar with his play at UK.

PS, hate the ball being kicked from the 35

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 10, 2011, 02:16 PM

I laugh when people talk about all the "weapons" that both qbs have.  Are you kidding me?!  Outside of maybe Greg Jennings, none of the other skill players on either team are anything to write home about.  The throws being made to covered receivers on the money to their back shoulder or elsewhere before the receivers even turned to look astounding.  Great QBs make great receivers.  Great receivers don't make great qbs.  What if Lee Evans was drafted by the Colts and Marvin Harrison was drafted by the Bills?

Id wait until at least the end of the year to say that in regards to Ingram, otherwise I would agree with your assessment (although Jennings is a great WR. quit fooling yourself on him). NO's playcalling with Ingram was frustrating to say the least. He got 19 snaps and 13 rushes, way to telegraph your playcalling Payton! Also, rotating backs down to down which they did a lot also strikes me as dumb. If youre going to rotate them, give Ingram a series, then Pierre a series. Hard to get into a groove when youre out there for a play and then back on the sidelines. This aint high school.

Cant wait for tomorrow. Considering the Ravens have about 8 new starters, I dont mind playing them week 1 at all.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

joey_rogo

can't wait to sit on my ass all day and watch football. i'm not very excited about the giants this season, especially since their entire defense is hurt, but i think they should win today.

corey

NFL kick-off Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year. Can't wait to do NOTHING all damn day but watch football. Viva La NFL Sunday Ticket!

lil sis

Quote from: joey_rogo on Sep 11, 2011, 09:09 AM
can't wait to sit on my ass all day and watch football. i'm not very excited about the giants this season, especially since their entire defense is hurt, but i think they should win today.
They really have the shittiest luck.  Either way, happy to have football Sunday back!

GMENNNNN!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

told you my precious lions were going to spank some bitches this season.  their defensive line looks like it just got out of prison after 10years.  nothing more intimidating than a bunch of huge black guys with no desire other than breaking you.  if stafford doesn't break we could make it to the superbowl.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 10, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cant wait for tomorrow. Considering the Ravens have about 8 new starters, I dont mind playing them week 1 at all.

;D

joey_rogo

i am close to entering rage mode.

Crispy

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 11, 2011, 04:30 PM

;D

I LOL'd at this LOL -- and I'm a Stillers guy. Ballmore looks kinda good.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Sep 11, 2011, 09:09 AM
They really have the shittiest luck.  Either way, happy to have football Sunday back!

GMENNNNN!
;D ::) ;D ::) ;D ::)

Upon further review...yup, the shittiest luck
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 11, 2011, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 11, 2011, 04:30 PM

;D

I LOL'd at this LOL -- and I'm a Stillers guy. Ballmore looks kinda good.
Hahaha
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

We got owned. Flacco finally looked like a legit QB. Our D looked old outside of Ike Taylor.

That said, we have the same record as the Aints  :thumbsup:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 12, 2011, 02:53 AM
That said, we have the same record as the Aints  :thumbsup:

wow, a Steelers fan talking about the Saints! Do you know how happy that makes me?  :) :)

you guys have won 6 Super Bowls, we have won 1 and were the doormat of the NFL for 40 years plus, yet you evoke our names after an opening season loss?  ;D ;D

At least pretend like it doesn't bother you! This is a cake walk.

walterfredo

mjk73

So can we write the Ram's off for the season already?

capt. scotty

Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 12, 2011, 12:19 PM
So can we write the Ram's off for the season already?

If Bradford and SJax are out for awhile, yes.

I think this might be the first year in awhile where the NFC has more strong teams than the AFC. I think the NFC North and South both have 3 playoff worthy teams, and the East 2 (IMO Dallas was really outplaying the Jets last night until they choked in the 4th). Whereas in the AFC, I only see 5 teams at that same level (NE, NYJ, BAL, PIT, SD) with maybe HOU keeping everything together for a whole season finally.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 12, 2011, 08:04 AM
At least pretend like it doesn't bother you! This is a cake walk.

Why would I pretend getting blownout by our biggest rival doesnt bother me?

johnnYYac

"I like scoring points." -Tom Brady

Me too.

517 yds., fair trade for his first interception in over 7 games.

Go Pats!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

No chance we beat the Cheaters this year unless Brady gets hurt. We'll need help from someone else beating them again.

Cant wait for Mr. UGG for Men to retire