The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil sis

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 23, 2012, 01:24 AM
WOW!

Never would've thought the special teams would win this game for the Giants.

Total team effort, and loved how tough the O, and D both played, but if you told me before the game that specials would be the difference in the game, I would have said the 9'ers win.

Championship effort all around, and GOOO GIANTS!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :beer:

Great game! I was able to find a stream of it....lil sis must be so happy, too!
Jesus fucking christ.  What a close game!  Last night was no beuno...I had so much anxiety and for sure thought it was over several times.  I had two presentations for work this morning and had to begin each by apologizing for the hoarseness in my voice due to my lack of being able to contain my emotions with last night's game.  I do not like anything coming down to Tynes but HE DID IT AGAIN.  When it counted.  A little ironic that the Ravens lost due to a shank and we ended up pulling it off.  The superbowl will surely be stressful but if the Giants can get in Brady's head we should be ok.  GMEN!  LETS GET IT IN!

:beer:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Tracy 2112

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 23, 2012, 11:49 AM
New England sports fans suffer a lot for our occasional moments of glory. 

::)

Every major sports franchise in New England has won a title in the past 10 years, with the Pats and Sox winning multiple. Maybe if you posted this in 1999...

You guys win  A LOT so that's why people hate. People hate the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys; it's just part of it. People don't really hate the Saints b/c we have 1 title in 45 years. And we got Katrina sympathy.

However, I agree with you on the "cheaters" thing; that's old and needs to go away. The Pats didn't cheat to reach dynasty status.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 23, 2012, 01:04 PM

Every major sports franchise in New England has won a title in the past 10 years, with the Pats and Sox winning multiple. Maybe if you posted this in 1999...

You guys win  A LOT so that's why people hate. People hate the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys; it's just part of it. People don't really hate the Saints b/c we have 1 title in 45 years. And we got Katrina sympathy.

However, I agree with you on the "cheaters" thing; that's old and needs to go away. The Pats didn't cheat to reach dynasty status.
I hear you.  I'm thinking back to my formative years, the 70s and 80s, where only the Celtics were bringing much glory to New England.  The Pats in '86 embarrassed themselves in the Superbowl against Chicago, Buckner blew it for the Sox that same year, I believe.  So, I feel like we, as fans, stuck with the shit long enough to enjoy what is happening with the Pats.  Believe me, during those years we hated the dynasty teams, so I suppose I understand and shouldn't complain.  And I feel the pain Saints fans have gone through.  This forum is lousy with NY and Pitt fans, so NE is bound to get some hate, I suppose. 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 23, 2012, 01:04 PM

I hear you.  I'm thinking back to my formative years, the 70s and 80s, where only the Celtics were bringing much glory to New England.  The Pats in '86 embarrassed themselves in the Superbowl against Chicago, Buckner blew it for the Sox that same year, I believe.  So, I feel like we, as fans, stuck with the shit long enough to enjoy what is happening with the Pats.  Believe me, during those years we hated the dynasty teams, so I suppose I understand and shouldn't complain.  And I feel the pain Saints fans have gone through.  This forum is lousy with NY and Pitt fans, so NE is bound to get some hate, I suppose.
C'mon Johnny ;D  Color me jealous.  Why do you seek respect?  All you guys do is win.  What more do you want?  Of course fans are gonna give you shit.  That's the fun of sports.  When you compound the Patriots success with Brady's All American pretty boy thingy and Bellichick being a total douche (in our minds), that's a perfect recipe for hatin' for non Pats fans.  It's like a Yankee fan complaining about not getting respect while shoving Jeter and Arod in your face every year.  In my close to 34 years of existence, neither my football team nor baseball team have made their respective championship finals so yes, I will roll my eyes at the long suffering of New England fans. ;D  Also, this team is virtually a new team from the Matt Cassell 11-5 team except for Wilfork, Brady, Mayo, Gostkowski, Law Firm and a few others.  How are your new Uggs for men treating you? ;)

Even if the Saints had three Super Bowls over the last decade, I wouldn't hate as much because of course they aren't my division rival but also just because Brees and Payton are just more likable.

This Super Bowl is My Personal Hell II.  As the lesser of two evils, just as last time, I'll be rooting for the Giants. :embarassed:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

j_rud

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2012, 10:43 PM

This Super Bowl is My Personal Hell II.  As the lesser of two evils, just as last time, I'll be rooting for the Giants. :embarassed:

C'mon man, I told you, the sooner you realize there's only one football team in NY the sooner you'll love football. No better time than the present :thumbsup:
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

j_rud

And because I can also laugh at my QB, there's this...

Ruckus

Quote from: j_rud on Jan 23, 2012, 10:47 PM

C'mon man, I told you, the sooner you realize there's only one football team in NY the sooner you'll love football. No better time than the present :thumbsup:
It'll just be that much more glorious when my time comes
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

j_rud

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2012, 10:54 PM

It'll just be that much more glorious when my time comes

Aint no fupa like a Tuna fupa cuz a Tuna fupa dont stop!!!

Tracy 2112

Actually, there are no football teams in NY. There ARE 2 teams based in New Jersey who "represent" New York, but who's paying attention to such trivial details, huh?

j_rud

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 23, 2012, 11:09 PM

Actually, there are no football teams in NY. There ARE 2 teams based in New Jersey who "represent" New York, but who's paying attention to such trivial details, huh?
It is a trivial detail to me. You want to call them the Jersey Giants? OK, knock yourself out. Im pretty sure the Super Bowls carry over though.

TEO

WELCOME TO INDY GMEN AND PATRIOTS! You gonna' gets you some HOOSIER Hospitality... :thumbsup:
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Tracy 2112

j_rud

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 24, 2012, 05:32 PM
Never was a TO fan. Interesting read:

Terrell Owens In GQ: I'm In Hell

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201201/terrell-owens-gq-jeremiah-trotter-told-me-not-apologize-donovan-mcnabb

So this is the end result of "I love me some me". Well I'm just shocked.

ericm

Quote from: TEO on Jan 24, 2012, 06:48 AM
WELCOME TO INDY GMEN AND PATRIOTS! You gonna' gets you some HOOSIER Hospitality... :thumbsup:

Man Teo, I'm sooooo tempted to do this, but it'll KILL my concert/road trip budget for the year.

With a Bruce tour announced, Forecastle, and hopefully many more MMJ dates,I think I'm going to have to pass on Indy,and have faith that Eli will get the G-Men to another Super Bowl in the not too distant future.
"Where's Jim going?"

TEO

Quote from: ericm on Jan 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
Quote from: TEO on Jan 24, 2012, 06:48 AM

Man Teo, I'm sooooo tempted to do this, but it'll KILL my concert/road trip budget for the year.

With a Bruce tour announced, Forecastle, and hopefully many more MMJ dates,I think I'm going to have to pass on Indy,and have faith that Eli will get the G-Men to another Super Bowl in the not too distant future.

Forecastle $$$ much better spent TEO say guaranteed good times!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

Quote from: j_rud on Jan 24, 2012, 05:59 PM

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201201/terrell-owens-gq-jeremiah-trotter-told-me-not-apologize-donovan-mcnabb

My thoughts exactly.  Hard to feel sorry for a guy who made $80 million not including endorsements and god awful reality tv shows, alienated teammates and the media, and fathered four kids who he's never sought visitation rights for.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Clarkwork

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 25, 2012, 07:16 AM
Quote from: j_rud on Jan 24, 2012, 05:59 PM

My thoughts exactly.  Hard to feel sorry for a guy who made $80 million not including endorsements and god awful reality tv shows, alienated teammates and the media, and fathered four kids who he's never sought visitation rights for.

Exactly right!  You treat people like shit and do bad things it comes back at you. Karma baby.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ericm

GO GIANTS!!

A little joke to get us through Super Bowl Thursday:

Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Tom," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up to the porch he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Blue and Red sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Giants logo flag, and in every window, a Giants towel. Tom looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even won a few Super bowls." God said, "So what's your point Tom?" "Well, why does Eli Manning get a better house than me?" God chuckled, and said, "Tom, that's not Eli's house, it's mine."   ;D  ;D
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Brandon Jacobs said the Giants had their best practice in years yesterday. Bill Belichick agreed after he watched it on tape.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

zing!

Go Niners!  Oh, wait....  :embarassed: