I hate to be that guy but...

Started by Erik26, May 02, 2011, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodyT3212

I've yet to listen to all of Circuital because I'm trying to score some good weed. I have a tradition of always listening to newly leaked/released albums from my favorite bands while smoking my pipe. I mean come on, MMJ is perfect for cannabis use.

Bigsky

Victory Dance starts like a CSNY tune...I'm loving the vibes on this album...very chill. I'm thinking HOTBM is my favorite, but Wonderful still makes me wonderfied...

johnnYYac

Quote from: Bigsky on May 04, 2011, 09:32 AM
Victory Dance starts like a CSNY tune...I'm loving the vibes on this album...very chill. I'm thinking HOTBM is my favorite, but Wonderful still makes me wonderfied...
You nailed the CSNY-ness of the vocals opeing Victory Dance; I almost don't recognize Jim's voice, wonder if there's more Bo and/or Carl vocally in this.

I realize my initial comments on p. 8 are a bit fawning, but listening to the first 7 tracks uninterupted w/headphones, and dispensing with pre-conceived notions and desires, its a pretty solid effort.  It really ties together nicely. 

I cringe with my wife's comment about The Day is Coming, "It sounds like Hall and Oates!"  She's right, but I still think its a good tune and has potential to be a cross-over hit.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigHerm

Love it. Victory Dance, Circuital, Wonderful, Black Metal, and Slow Slow Tune are my favorites after a few listens through.  :thumbsup:

Bigsky

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 04, 2011, 09:57 AM
Quote from: Bigsky on May 04, 2011, 09:32 AM
You nailed the CSNY-ness of the vocals opeing Victory Dance; I almost don't recognize Jim's voice, wonder if there's more Bo and/or Carl vocally in this.

I realize my initial comments on p. 8 are a bit fawning, but listening to the first 7 tracks uninterupted w/headphones, and dispensing with pre-conceived notions and desires, its a pretty solid effort.  It really ties together nicely. 

I cringe with my wife's comment about The Day is Coming, "It sounds like Hall and Oates!"  She's right, but I still think its a good tune and has potential to be a cross-over hit.

I have a Hall and Oates poster in my room... ;)

SplatSplatSplat

Probably better than anything I've ever heard. Ever. It's like an angel simultaneously signing and orgasming.  I can't believe how awesome it is.  I want to quit my job, go home and hit the bong until I don't know my name while listening to this album repeatedly in the fetal position until I die of hunger/thirst.  I want to crawl inside of a vacuum and just be the music, it's so mind bending. It's like music from another dimension, I want to be it and it be me.  I want to drown myself in a pool that's reverberating with the aural delights of circuital and know that we are, in fact, one.  I want to pleasure this album.  In the butt.  While also being pleasure from it...in all my holes. This album is what God listens to when he's creating shit.  It is the indefinable point of oneness that connects all of space and time, life and knowledge, it is the center of every black hole, the flame burns at the center of every star.  The album is a reflection of God  Himself.

You need it.  That's for sure.

Jon T.

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on May 04, 2011, 10:50 AM
Probably better than anything I've ever heard. Ever. It's like an angel simultaneously signing and orgasming.  I can't believe how awesome it is.  I want to quit my job, go home and hit the bong until I don't know my name while listening to this album repeatedly in the fetal position until I die of hunger/thirst.  I want to crawl inside of a vacuum and just be the music, it's so mind bending. It's like music from another dimension, I want to be it and it be me.  I want to drown myself in a pool that's reverberating with the aural delights of circuital and know that we are, in fact, one.  I want to pleasure this album.  In the butt.  While also being pleasure from it...in all my holes. This album is what God listens to when he's creating shit.  It is the indefinable point of oneness that connects all of space and time, life and knowledge, it is the center of every black hole, the flame burns at the center of every star.  The album is a reflection of God  Himself.

I, too, like it a lot.   ;D

Tracy 2112

pretty awesome    :)

Easily my favorite of the 3 I have heard

My Morning Jacket - Victory Dance
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jon T.

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 04, 2011, 09:57 AM

That's odd because I'm pretty sure they ripped off this song... especially around the 2:18 mark.   ;D

The Chi-lites "Have you seen her"

gardenparty

1, 3, 9 and 10 are amazing.

not my favorite MMJ album but that is probably because they wear their influences a little too closely on the sleeve. 

This band is a musical force and i'd love to see a little more boundry pushing.  Or straight up heartfelt/epic tunes

Bigsky

Do you know what would be cool? If this leak is only part of the full album, with the entire album have a couple of bonus tracks...like EU did.  :D

mgriff73

Quote from: Bigsky on May 04, 2011, 02:21 PM
Do you know what would be cool? If this leak is only part of the full album, with the entire album have a couple of bonus tracks...like EU did.  :D

Yes.  The album feels a bit short and missing a little something at the end of it.  It's growing on me more and more.  Plus we haven't heard one of the songs all the way.

Penny Lane

:D ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 04, 2011, 02:51 PM

:D ;)

I don't see that happening, because all the articles about how its 46 minutes long, it has 10 songs, the track list, etc etc. I don't know though. It would be amazing.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

CC

Quote from: My Monkey Friend on May 04, 2011, 03:51 PM
i think my posts are getting deleted...

maybe there's a reason?
can't stop anyone from downloading but please don't ask for a download link on the band's website, that's really not cool.

thanks.

Ruckus

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 04, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote from: My Monkey Friend on May 04, 2011, 03:51 PM
i think my posts are getting deleted...

maybe there's a reason?
can't stop anyone from downloading but please don't ask for a download link on the band's website, that's really not cool.

thanks.
;D ;D
I was having such a good laugh too CC!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

My Monkey Friend

understood, CC, sorry.

thought it might be okay since there have been multiple posts on the album's content etc.

/hangs head in shame

gardenparty

Bigsky