Acoustic Golden Bonnaroo Press Tent

Started by grizzy, Jun 03, 2011, 07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzy

Remember being blown away with this version from JJ in the 2004 Bonnaroo Press Tent. Been trying like crazy to find this but can't. Anyone got a link?

:dankk2:!

mandraxpowered

I don't have a link as I recorded it from a docu myself, but this exists in 1080 HD and 5.1 Surround, cutting between the Solo Acoustic Version in the tent and the full band Which Stage performance. It starts solo acoustic, then opens up to a bright and sunny afternoon on stage and full instrumentation. The skies darken and Golden ends with gathering clouds and thunder. The pinnacle and end of Steam Engine follows in the pouring rain. Truly epic.

As far as I know the HD version is not currently sold, but can be found (very) occasionally on TV as the finale of "We Have Arrived: Bonnaroo 2004" It's worth checking out to see Trey Anastasio rehearsing, The Black Keys arriving and setting up from the back of their van and 2004-era, not polished Kings of Leon saying some mildly-interesting stuff they wouldn't now.

Would post it (the MMJ excerpt: about 6 minutes), but since it's pro-shot I'm not sure that's OK (~500mb HD TS file).

grizzy

Yeah...that's it. I remember catching this a few times on HDnet (I think). That performance of Golden is incredible. Gives me goosebumps.