Kentucky Derby

Started by ericm, May 07, 2011, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

No Derby thread on an MMJ board? How can that be?

I guess everyone from Louisville that's on here is at Churchill Downs. ;)

I'm picking Soldat.
"Where's Jim going?"

Paulie_Walnuts

How much did you lose Eric?
Paulie W

el_chode

I had one a while ago I thought.

The horse I picked broke its leg out the gate. The others I picked to place/show didn't place/show. I counted Animal Kingdom out after reading that it was turf bred and running its first dirt race.

As you can tell, I'm not good at picking them. I typically break even at the tracks here in NJ though, which is better than my blackjack record.
I'm surrounded by assholes

br00ke

i had a bottle of eagle rare riding on decisive moment but alas .. no bourbon for me. i was chatting with valerie/bluesky yesterday (she loves the races, who knew) and i really would like to go to the belmont again .. would have been a fun field trip but i think i'll be out of town that weekend.

capt. scotty

Best thing about the Derby is PHJB's trumpet player opening the Merriweather show last year with a bang!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bluesky

Scott I was thinking about that show all weekend! It was such an awesome night! Even when the two girls stood in the puke

br00ke

as of now it looks like work might ruin my weekend away with phish (would need friday & monday off) and if that's the case ... valerie we are totally going to the belmont  :thumbsup: