Tom & Patrick WFPK Interview

Started by EasyRyder, May 03, 2011, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyRyder

Not sure of you cats caught it or not, but Tom and Patrick just did a short interview for WFPK  about an hour ago. I wasn't sure if they repost things like that on wfpk.org, so I recorded it for your listening pleasure:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z2CJZ3C4      :beer:

They mention some interesting and unknown factoids about the future, but most statements are vague and hilarious. PLUS, at the end Holdin Onto Black Metal was aired (album version, not live, don't get too excited).

Maybe this is the first radio play the song has gotten? I thought it might be historical, so check it out  :thumbsup:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

vespachick

Quote from: EasyRyder on May 03, 2011, 03:49 PM
Not sure of you cats caught it or not, but Tom and Patrick just did a short interview for WFPK  about an hour ago. I wasn't sure if they repost things like that on wfpk.org, so I recorded it for your listening pleasure:

They mention some interesting and unknown factoids about the future, but most statements are vague and hilarious. PLUS, at the end Holdin Onto Black Metal was aired (album version, not live, don't get too excited).

Maybe this is the first radio play the song has gotten? I thought it might be historical, so check it out  :thumbsup:

Sirius XMU is playing the shite out of it, fwiw.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

EasyRyder

Quote from: vespachick on May 03, 2011, 03:54 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on May 03, 2011, 03:49 PM

Sirius XMU is playing the shite out of it, fwiw.

good to know! so much for making history  ;)

e_wind

They played Circuital and Black Metal back to back last night on WFPK
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

AlwxanderD10

They also mentioned something about working on mixing some t5 songs, yay  :D

rusty95

So how does it sound comin' across the waves?  For me songs always sound different when I'm just listening to the radio.  Curious to know how you felt when black metal came on the radio when you weren't expecting it.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

EasyRyder

Quote from: rusty95 on May 03, 2011, 05:15 PM
So how does it sound comin' across the waves?  For me songs always sound different when I'm just listening to the radio.  Curious to know how you felt when black metal came on the radio when you weren't expecting it.

I wish I would've heard it blaring out of my car or speakers at home, but sadly I was streaming online. I couldn't really tell much of a difference to be honest, and I think that's because of the whole sterilizing effect of the interweb....it could've been my headphones though.

SaraBananaBear

Thank you for recording, much appreciated!  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

EasyRyder

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on May 03, 2011, 11:50 PM

Glad you listened! I especially like the allusion to some late night TV appearances....new tunes on late night TV=future MMJ popularity explosion....especially if they play that slow slow one

bunk_moreland

Thanks so much for recording and posting this...I had no idea they were on until long after the interview was over.
"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: EasyRyder on May 04, 2011, 02:14 AM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on May 03, 2011, 11:50 PM

Glad you listened! I especially like the allusion to some late night TV appearances....new tunes on late night TV=future MMJ popularity explosion....especially if they play that slow slow one

Of course! I'm so happy anytime anyone records anything, since I can rarely watch/listen live... Damn you Swedish time zone... damn you!  ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?