O is the One That is Real

Started by restlesssoul, May 06, 2011, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restlesssoul

Where did this song come from? Is it a b-side? What is it about? I'm just loving it lately. Hope they bring it out this tour, would love to see it. What do you guys think about its meaning? It was tough to do a search on this on the forum, couldn't find anything.

Always leave your televisor on.
Always give your answers by the phone.
If you're hurt he wants to feel it.
If you've money he's your dealer.
If you're ready for him i don't want to see it.
Oh.
O is the one that is real.

THE RADIO IS PLAYING!
2006X5, 2008x2, 2011x2, 2012x1, 2013x1, 2015x2

Jellyfish

It's on the Sweatbee's and Split EP's.Great song yeah especially live.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

RedPatokaSea

Split has some real gems, including Jason Molina's contribution. IMO, it's only topped by Chocolate and Ice as an EP. Hmmm...but Acoustic Citsuoca is incredible too.

MMJ found me just after the release of It Still Moves. When I discovered the abundance of earlier recordings, I felt like I'd stumbled into a goldmine. It changed my life. I had never appreciated music in that way, so acutely and so emotionally. MMJ (and perhaps a few instrumental psychedelic experiences) made me more perceptive to artistic beauty in all its forms. This whole process happened to occur at a very transformative time in my life, but this band played a huge part. I genuinely think that I'm a happier and more sensitive person because of MMJ, and that's not to say that those qualities were lacking beforehand.

Pardon the reverie.

I don't know if this is the stage you're at, but if so, I envy you.

wolof7

Quote from: RedPatokaSea on May 06, 2011, 10:49 PM
Split has some real gems, including Jason Molina's contribution. IMO, it's only topped by Chocolate and Ice as an EP. Hmmm...but Acoustic Citsuoca is incredible too.

MMJ found me just after the release of It Still Moves. When I discovered the abundance of earlier recordings, I felt like I'd stumbled into a goldmine. It changed my life. I had never appreciated music in that way, so acutely and so emotionally. MMJ (and perhaps a few instrumental psychedelic experiences) made me more perceptive to artistic beauty in all its forms. This whole process happened to occur at a very transformative time in my life, but I this band played a huge part. I genuinely think that I'm a happier and more sensitive person because of MMJ, and that's not to say that those qualities were lacking beforehand.

Pardon the reverie.

that's some good stuff right there
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

MMJ found me just after the release of It Still Moves. When I discovered the abundance of earlier recordings, I felt like I'd stumbled into a goldmine. It changed my life. I had never appreciated music in that way, so acutely and so emotionally. MMJ (and perhaps a few instrumental psychedelic experiences) made me more perceptive to artistic beauty in all its forms. This whole process happened to occur at a very transformative time in my life, but this band played a huge part. I genuinely think that I'm a happier and more sensitive person because of MMJ, and that's not to say that those qualities were lacking beforehand.

Pardon the reverie.

Patoka, you have the name I very first tried to 'create' on this board--- I'm happy to see it being put to such good use  :)  That's a lovely nostalgic story  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

youreveningcoat

I can play this song on drums :P Well I pretty much play every MMJ song I know on drums but this one I especially practiced.
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

el_chode

It's about his last name.

If it isn't, that's the rumor I'm mongering now.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: el_chode on May 07, 2011, 08:42 AM
It's about his last name.

If it isn't, that's the rumor I'm mongering now.

That's what I always thought. Based on nothing.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

restlesssoul

Pardon the reverie.

awesome man.

any thoughts on the lyrics being

"O" is leav your televisor on
"O" is give your answers by the phone

thats what I always thought it was until I looked it up

thoughts?
2006X5, 2008x2, 2011x2, 2012x1, 2013x1, 2015x2

youreveningcoat

Quote from: restlesssoul on May 08, 2011, 02:33 AM

Pardon the reverie.

awesome man.

any thoughts on the lyrics being

"O" is leav your televisor on
"O" is give your answers by the phone

thats what I always thought it was until I looked it up

thoughts?

Wow could be? I never thought of it like that because I had no idea what he was saying until I looked it up.. :P
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes