Massive Music Month of May

Started by capt. scotty, May 09, 2011, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

When was the last time there were this many releases that have the potential to be/should be good or have a lot of releases from bands you like?! Fill me in if Im missing anything or possibly havent heard of another good band, but this month has more stuff Im interested in than the first 4 months of 2011 combined. Mostly recognizable bands, but Wilderness of Manitoba and The Devil Whale's debuts all sound promising from what Ive heard, Sleepy Vikings also sounds pretty good. Tomorrow's releases look especially intriguing. Then of course the Jacket to cap it all off. Should be a good 30 or 31 days.

May 3rd:
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

May 10th:
Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
Man Man - Life Fantastic
Tyler The Creator - Goblin
Okkervil River -  I Am Very Far
The Antlers - Burst Apart
The Felice Brothers - Celebration Florida
Sleepy Vikings - They Will Find You Here
Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin
The Wilderness Of Manitoba - When You Left The Fire

May 17th:
Ben Harper - Give Til Its Gone
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome
Edo G. - A Face In The Crowd
Oddisee - Odd Seasons
Large Professor & Neek The Exotic - Still On The Hustle

May 23rd:
Lady Gaga - Born This Way

May 24th:
Thurston Moore - Demolished Thoughts
The Devil Whale - Teeth

May 31st:
MMJ - Circuits 'N At
Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs

...Im hardly a big Fleet Foxes fan, but its a solid album nonetheless and a lot of people seem to feel like hands down album of the year (so far)...Beastie Boys album surprisingly good, easily their best since '98's Hello Nasty, which isnt saying much based on the albums released since then, but Im diggin the new one. Great start to what will most likely be the best month of music in 2011.

Whats a good/safe torrent sight since there's no way I can afford all of these and can download many of them without getting a virus that will make my computer instantly combust?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

New Death Cab on the 31st as well.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

the_wizzard

Cap't, this is going to be the shit:
http://www.myspace.com/romealbum

Coming out 5/17

*ah shizzles, you listed it already (that is what I get for cruising the web on my phone). Still gonna be off.the.hook.

wolof7

Quote from: T5 wizzard on May 09, 2011, 08:36 PM
Cap't, this is going to be the shit:
http://www.myspace.com/romealbum

Coming out 5/17

*ah shizzles, you listed it already (that is what I get for cruising the web on my phone). Still gonna be off.the.hook.

it's streaming here: http://www.npr.org/2011/05/09/136094599/first-listen-danger-mouse-and-daniele-luppi-rome
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

Nice Wolof, currently listening  :thumbsup:

Anywhere the Felice Bros album is streaming that you or whoever else is aware of?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 09, 2011, 08:55 PM
Nice Wolof, currently listening  :thumbsup:

Anywhere the Felice Bros album is streaming that you or whoever else is aware of?

yup check my last post on the "currently listening to" thread, there is a link to the spinner listening party site, its up there for this week....hate to say it man, as a big felice bros fan, its not great  :-\
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time