Double Album?

Started by rincon, May 10, 2011, 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

Any chance the leak is just a tease? It is a pretty short record for a double album. In all honesty is seems unfinished to me. It has a beginning, then it wakes up a bit, then it peters out without a bang. Don't misunderstand me, I like it, it just seems not to be complete, and is not long enough for 2 vinyl discs.

kotchishm

From what I've seen about lengths it clocks in around 45-50 minutes.  Same length as Z and it was a 2LP set.  Would be awesome if that's the case but I doubt it.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

rincon

I think it is more like 35-40 minutes. I did a 30 minute workout, and it was already in the 9th song when I finished. 10 songs for a double album?

BH

The regular edition is a single album.   There you go.

The Circuital single take up the entire side of one album.  I guess because it's a 45 rpm?  Is that right?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

Quote from: rincon on May 10, 2011, 09:44 AM
I think it is more like 35-40 minutes. I did a 30 minute workout, and it was already in the 9th song when I finished. 10 songs for a double album?

It's currently 43.4 minutes...and that's with the cut track of "You Wanna Freak Out." So at the most it will be about 46 minutes.

As I stated in another thread, it would be nice if they put a bonus track on it...like they did for EU.

I personally think these albums get leaked on purpose...it's great marketing, and It also gives the industry a taste of how a new album will be received by fans.

br00ke

Quote from: Bigsky on May 10, 2011, 10:44 AM

I personally think these albums get leaked on purpose...it's great marketing, and It also gives the industry a taste of how a new album will be received by fans.

ding ding !!

kotchishm

Quote from: BH on May 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
The regular edition is a single album.   There you go.

The Circuital single take up the entire side of one album.  I guess because it's a 45 rpm?  Is that right?

Regular edition says 2LP on preorder and 1LP on Amazon.  I'm assuming two but I guess I'll find out on June 1
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

el_chode

I think LP length has more to do with sound quality - the more "information" you want to put, the more grooves are required. So if you want to put out a high-quality LP, then you need more grooves, and therefore more surface area.
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

Quote from: el_chode on May 10, 2011, 11:49 AM
I think LP length has more to do with sound quality - the more "information" you want to put, the more grooves are required. So if you want to put out a high-quality LP, then you need more grooves, and therefore more surface area.

If you have the same rpm though, you have to have the same amount of grooves for an album to finish at the same time right?   So it has to have a faster rpm to get more grooves.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

Quote from: BH on May 10, 2011, 02:25 PM

If you have the same rpm though, you have to have the same amount of grooves for an album to finish at the same time right?   So it has to have a faster rpm to get more grooves.

I might be wrong. It might be "size of grooves" vs "amount of grooves"
I'm surrounded by assholes

Crispy

Quote from: el_chode on May 10, 2011, 04:19 PM
Quote from: BH on May 10, 2011, 02:25 PM

I might be wrong. It might be "size of grooves" vs "amount of grooves"

This is correct. There's only one groove, it's just really long!  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rincon

Quality is only affected if it is a faster spin. Try to imagine your avatar as me when you read this!

The DARK

Thinking back, Radiohead's In Rainbows box set was a double, and it was less than 43 minutes. I dunno why, but it appears to be the industry standard to make double vinyl albums for deluxe in particular. I wouldn't expect anything new here.

Now, if they were to eventually release the Self-Hypnosis series on vinyl...  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

DewieCox

Quote from: rincon on May 10, 2011, 11:30 PM
Quality is only affected if it is a faster spin. Try to imagine your avatar as me when you read this!

Quality is affected by a deeper groove.
180g records have a deeper groove, shortening the amount they can hold.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Nope, this is the album.  The only thing we're missing is about 2 min of "You Wanna Freak OUt". Don't get your hopes up.
God damn those shaky knees.

Dillsnufus

i there's a secret track tho. like circuital beat comes back in at the end of movin away or something.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus