The Split EP is amazing!

Started by jonmayo15, May 23, 2011, 07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonmayo15

Man this is just great stuff. I've heard all of the full albums of course, and I'm now listening to all the EPs and random tracks. Those first 3 songs are just the pure distillation of what I love about this band. Such amazing guitar, drums, vocals and...no other band comes close to them today. Everything is just so high quality, although I'm not crazy about "Circuital" yet.

Anyway anybody else really love the Split EP?

capt. scotty

talk about timing homeslice!  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

Quote from: jonmayo15 on May 23, 2011, 07:27 PM
Man this is just great stuff. I've heard all of the full albums of course, and I'm now listening to all the EPs and random tracks. Those first 3 songs are just the pure distillation of what I love about this band. Such amazing guitar, drums, vocals and...no other band comes close to them today. Everything is just so high quality, although I'm not crazy about "Circuital" yet.

Anyway anybody else really love the Split EP?

Split EP? Are you kidding me? Where have you been?

This here is the shit though, seriously; got this today and can't quit listening to it! Amazing!

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

Easy on the n00bs there, oldtimer.  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

johnnYYac

I understand where you are, jonmayo15.  Breaking out Acoustic Citsuoca or Sweatbees, Chocolate and Ice or some demos in the midst of all this new album hub bub kinda brings it all back home, full circle. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kotchishm

"Come Closer" is one of my favs
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

jonmayo15

Quote from: Crispy on May 23, 2011, 09:03 PM
Eh, I'm not that n00bish. I've seen them live last year and been "into" them for a few years. I'm new to the forum and the "Split" EP though. Some of you guys know how to make a "newbie" feel welcome dontcha.  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Quote from: jonmayo15 on May 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
Eh, I'm not that n00bish. I've seen them live last year and been "into" them for a few years. I'm new to the forum and the "Split" EP though. Some of you guys know how to make a "newbie" feel welcome dontcha.  :thumbsup:

you've been into them? weird, I would've guessed jim has had 5 different people maximum, and now we have people selling us penetration stories.

don't worry about tracy, he does that
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on May 24, 2011, 03:21 PM

you've been into them? weird, I would've guessed jim has had 5 different people maximum, and now we have people selling us penetration stories.

don't worry about tracy, he does that

sorry, I was just following scotty's lead; I'm trying to fit in here more 

Crispy

Oy, what's the deal with quoting me? I was the one trying to keep the grumpy old man from flipping you too much shit!  ;) Welcome to the forum -- hopefully we can make you feel more welcome at the BBQ, and maybe someday I can buy you a real beer to make up for calling you a newb.

Anyhow, I'm right there with you on the Split EP -- in fact, I mentioned in another thread that the first track was the one that got its hooks in me. I love the other songs (Molina's too), and have enjoyed hearing Jim talk about the fact that he wrote a song called "How Could I Know" and one called "How Do You Know" and some of the confusion caused thereby.

I still get a kick out of hearing The Year in Review too, and picking out the extra drum bit (guessing it's KC Guetig back then) at the end of O. "Oh no..." -- "It's okay..."
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Crispy on May 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
Oy, what's the deal with quoting me? I was the one trying to keep the grumpy old man from flipping you too much shit!  ;)

You like that? Thems my special powers! Recognize!