Deluxe Box = MP3 Download Only?

Started by mandraxpowered, May 28, 2011, 03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandraxpowered

Just got the really amazing big ol' box-o-jacket, and it is indeed awesome. The vinyl sounds great, but I noticed the download card only lets you get lossy MP3s. I know the pre-order page says "High Quality" download for the deluxe box and "Choice of MP3 or Lossless" for the other options. I suppose I falsely assumed that since the regular Vinyl included Lossless, the big box would too. Is this the case, or did I just get an odd one?

I can do a lossless cd-quality or 24-bit ALAC/FLAC needledrop- just thought I wouldn't have to.

Quibbles aside, the album is indeed all I hoped it would be and more, 240 dollars of Green Jello and a Bourbon Root Beer Float.

ps- the 90mb d/l from United Records is s-l-o-w (like old 3g-phone slow -- 1.5hrs for a 90mb file)

Nikkogino

mandraxpowered

Yup, its with the 2nd LP, a card about 3"x3" with a one-time code on it. If you have the box, look closer in the album. I only noticed it after some posters here pointed it out.

The link and code worked, but as said was MP3 only (And FYI, it's only for the album, not the live/T5 stuff- that comes later I guess).