The Day is Coming=greatness

Started by Clarkwork, May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 02, 2011, 09:42 PM
Can't get the "baaahhh bah baaahhh daaa daaaa dutdutdut daaaa" intro/whimsy vocals out of my head.....  sometimes the other parts of the song don't even come through for like an hour!  Was gardening all day at my teacher's farm out in the country and couldn't listen to it til I got back in the car to take off, but sang it a lot through the day  8)

Same thing that goes through my head non stop.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

wankityspank

I know he says "bang, bang" at a point in the song, but all the other times it sounds like "airplane"  probably a mondegreen on my part, but anyone else know what he's really sayin?  also, the lyric foldout that came with the vinyl doesn't include that part

Apeskies

BH

that snare drum sound is groovin
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

YungYave

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM
My favorite song on the album. Just stays in your head and replays over and over. Might be one of my all time favorite Jacket songs!

Glad to see others like this song, it's my favorite off the album too. And it's weird because I'm all about the guitar work and this song doesn't really focus on that at all. I think it would be good if they incorporated some guitar in the live performances, it seems like that would work. But overall just a great groove, good lyrics, and maybe Jim's best vocals on the album.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

Clarkwork

Quote from: YungYave on Jun 09, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on May 23, 2011, 09:19 PM
My favorite song on the album. Just stays in your head and replays over and over. Might be one of my all time favorite Jacket songs!

Glad to see others like this song, it's my favorite off the album too. And it's weird because I'm all about the guitar work and this song doesn't really focus on that at all. I think it would be good if they incorporated some guitar in the live performances, it seems like that would work. But overall just a great groove, good lyrics, and maybe Jim's best vocals on the album.

I'm the same way, Love the MMJ guitar sound, but you nailed it, good groove, great lyrics and the vocals are terrifc. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

halesdd

Maybe it's just me and don't know why exactly but it reminds me of Touch Me I'll Scream Pt1.  That is not a bad thing either.  Do love me some The Day is Coming.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

davymac

I absolutely love this song too, great lyrics and good all around.  Probably my second favorite just after you wanna freak out!