That song reminds me of ....

Started by Devil Ledbetter, Sep 06, 2012, 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil Ledbetter

While I was making the long trip from Michigan to Indiana last week, I got stuck on the song Daisy Jane by America.  There was something about it that I couldn't put my finger on. I've been listening to it repeatedly and it finally hit me. It bears a striking resemblance to Picture of You.

I'm not saying it's the same thing at all, but there is something very similar in their chord progression, rhythm and structure.  You could almost sing the lyrics to one with the other. Makes me wish I knew how to do mashups.

AMERICA - DAISY JANE [w/ lyrics]

My Morning Jacket - Picture of You

Do you have any MMJ songs that remind you of something else? I have another one but I need to put it together.

We understand it's the '90s.

Devil Ledbetter

When I first started listening to MMJ, it drove me to distraction (in a good way) how much the intro to I Will Sing You Songs reminded me of the intro to Pink Floyd's Us & Them.

I don't know what it is. The tempo? Are they in the same key? I'm only a beginning music student and can't put my finger on what it is. Could be I'm just flat out wrong.

Pink Floyd - "Us And Them"

My Morning Jacket - I Will Sing You Songs

jaye

I hear it more on the second two than the first, but holy cow I loved Daisy Jane so much when I was a kid.  Thanks for the reminder.   :) 

Tracy 2112

OK, I tried this when Circuital came out, but got no takers; see if I can try again.

The start of these 2

The Beatles - Good Day Sunshine

My Morning Jacket - Outta My System
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Devil Ledbetter

Definitely Tracy. Outta My System is just a hair faster.

zanjam

End of Off the Record and Can't You Hear Me Knockin'. 
anything + reverb always = better

Tracy 2112

Quote from: zanjam on Sep 09, 2012, 11:25 PM
End of Off the Record and Can't You Hear Me Knockin'.

score
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.