A gift for some friends....

Started by walterfredo, Feb 24, 2010, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

wanted to share something that we recently gave as a wedding gift to some close friends.  We went out to NYC for NYE 08>09 at MSG.  We made the trip with two of our closest friends who actually got engaged the day before the show (on top of the Empire State Building no less).  As the wedding was approaching we were looking to get them something related to our trip and the show, and decided on a framed photo from the show, which we got from an extremely kind soul (big thanks to CC Baxter) .  Then got a wild idea that it would be cool to try and have it signed by Jim James...and with a little help form a friend (who I think is on this forum), it all worked out.  The photo was sent to a friend up in Canada, who brought the photo to the Monsters of Folk show in Vancouver and was able to get Jim to sign it after the show.  It's kind of hard to read in the photo, but Jim signed it "To Mike and Liz, Here's to Marital Bliss JJ#34".  They were beyond floored when they opened it.  Thought some of you might like to see it.  

AMightyCaporal

Quotewanted to share something that we recently gave as a wedding gift to some close friends.  We went out to NYC for NYE 08>09 at MSG.  We made the trip with two of our closest friends who actually got engaged the day before the show (on top of the Empire State Building no less).  As the wedding was approaching we were looking to get them something related to our trip and the show, and decided on a framed photo from the show, which we got from an extremely kind soul (big thanks to CC Baxter) .  Then got a wild idea that it would be cool to try and have it signed by Jim James...and with a little help form a friend (who I think is on this forum), it all worked out.  The photo was sent to a friend up in Canada, who brought the photo to the Monsters of Folk show in Vancouver and was able to get Jim to sign it after the show.  It's kind of hard to read in the photo, but Jim signed it "To Mike and Liz, Here's the Marital Bliss JJ#34".  They were beyond floored when they opened it.  Thought some of you might like to see it.  

awesome story! But I can't see the photo  :(
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Murph

thats fucking awesome.....I always hear about people meeting Jim, is there some trick you guys have that I dont know about or is it just being patient and waiting outside the venue after a show?

walterfredo

Can nobody see the image?  I can see it, but it's linked to another forum I'm on.  I'll try and figure it out.  

edit:  I just linked the photo through flickr so maybe it will work now, although it's smaller.  I'll try and resize it.

AMightyCaporal

i can see it now... that picture kicks so much ass!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

tdb810

I can see it, and it's beautiful!  What an amazing gift!
.....Back at the Model Home

Ghosts_on_TV

Nice! I'm probably in that picture.  ;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

walterfredo

QuoteNice! I'm probably in that picture.  ;D

we were actually somewhere near the very bottom left corner of that picture.  Good times!

capt. scotty

Quotethats fucking awesome.....I always hear about people meeting Jim, is there some trick you guys have that I dont know about or is it just being patient and waiting outside the venue after a show?

handjobs
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jon T.

Murph

Quoteor a blumpkin    ;D

hahahh that's just filthy

weeniebeenie

Quotewanted to share something that we recently gave as a wedding gift to some close friends.  We went out to NYC for NYE 08>09 at MSG.  We made the trip with two of our closest friends who actually got engaged the day before the show (on top of the Empire State Building no less).  As the wedding was approaching we were looking to get them something related to our trip and the show, and decided on a framed photo from the show, which we got from an extremely kind soul (big thanks to CC Baxter) .  Then got a wild idea that it would be cool to try and have it signed by Jim James...and with a little help form a friend (who I think is on this forum), it all worked out.  The photo was sent to a friend up in Canada, who brought the photo to the Monsters of Folk show in Vancouver and was able to get Jim to sign it after the show.  It's kind of hard to read in the photo, but Jim signed it "To Mike and Liz, Here's to Marital Bliss JJ#34".  They were beyond floored when they opened it.  Thought some of you might like to see it.  

That's really cool. What a nice gift. :)
How loud can silence get?

ynwa

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Modi

Wow! Really awesome gift!!!

Who gets it in the divorce?

Sorry bad joke.