Chills vs. Chills (demo)

Started by Dillsnufus, Jun 10, 2011, 01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

i'm no so sure which one is better. I think i like the at dawn demo better. :thumbsup: i mean it was so close to being on at dawn it in the linear notes.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Nikkogino

Is the version on the "TTF/AD Demos" cd the actual version that was going to go onto At Dawn, or is it what it says it is---a demo?

I haven't thought about this subject in a long time---did we ever learn why the song wasn't put on the album, yet the lyrics were in the liner notes?  Wonder why this never made the album.

I wish it would have at least made Z, along with "How Could I Know" or "Where to Begin."  I know the album may not have flowed as well, but damn, those are all great, great tracks!!!

EDIT:  To answer your question, I like the demo version better, but just barely.

Crispy

Chills did make the album, if you got the vinyl version.  ::)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

notdarkyet

there are actually three versions:

"Chills" demo - from The Tennessee Fire/At Dawn Demos
"Chills" from the "Off The Record" single
"Chills" [Master Mix] from the Heroes soundtrack.

-justin

Nikkogino

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
Chills did make the album, if you got the vinyl version.  ::)

I do, and I have the vinyl, but I consider vinyl more of a "special" type of release.  I wonder why they chose to remove it from the cd (standard) release.  I remember getting the cd and wondering if I had a messed up copy that didn't include "Chills."

Dillsnufus

I don't know if mine has chills on it. i have the red+gold version
Gazziza My Dillsnufus