Main Menu

Alaska

Started by walterfredo, Jun 27, 2011, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Anyone been?  Heading to Alaska from 7/9 through 7/21.  We will mostly be in and around the Kenai Peninsula and Prince William Sound.  Would love to hear some advice from anyone who has spent time in these areas. 

kydiddle

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 27, 2011, 06:00 PM
Anyone been?  Heading to Alaska from 7/9 through 7/21.  We will mostly be in and around the Kenai Peninsula and Prince William Sound.  Would love to hear some advice from anyone who has spent time in these areas.

Have never been, but everyone I know who has gone has LOVED IT and said it was crazy beautiful.

Please don't shoot any wolves.

Hee hee.  ;D
Cow temperature.

Hypno+Raygun

What do you like to do? Are you going to have a car? My wife's family lives up there in that area, and I've been quite a few times.
11/21/05 - 06/13/08 - 08/16/08 -04/21/10 - 8/2/11

walterfredo

Quote from: Hypno+Raygun on Jun 27, 2011, 11:49 PM
What do you like to do? Are you going to have a car? My wife's family lives up there in that area, and I've been quite a few times.

We will have a car. This trip is going to be somewhat of a budget adventure.  We will be mostly hiking, camping, sleeping outside, with maybe 2 or 3 nights in a hotel.  We really have no set plans, and our intent is to hopefully meet some cool locals, get the the good scoop on things and play it by ear.  We would love to do some salmon fishing, or halibut.  We would also like to take the ferry to Cordova and see Childs Glacier and the Copper River Delta.  We're pretty much open to most adventurous things, rafting, backpacking, fishing, boat rides, glacier hikes, see some wildlife, etc.  We're pretty low maintenance, and extremely flexible.

peafunk31

You should hunt the most dangerous animal known to man....Sarah Palin :P
Homer no function beer well without.

walterfredo

If I see her I will definitely shoot her.

We also might go to kodiak island, I have a free place to stay and a car to use if we go there.

woodnymph

Whew have fun!!!!  I don't think you could pick a bad place!   :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time