Warped Green Vinyl ROLL CALL

Started by Ruckus, May 28, 2011, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: searchinbig on Jun 06, 2011, 07:40 AM
Has anyone heard from Topspin about this yet?

I did get an email in reply, but I think all it said was something like "we're looking into it." I'll go find it and report back.

EDIT: After further review, looks like all I have received is the automated we-got-your-email-and-will-get-back-to-you-someday response.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hypno+Raygun

Man, this sucks. I did not order this, (I guess thankfully at this point).. It is sad since Patrick made the vinyl video for a promo! ha.. I guess something didn't get worked out. I don't think they "make it like they used to".. I have a lot of old vinyl that is in perfect shape, 60+ years old!

I played a Nat King Cole record last night, and that thing is a solid slab of perfection.

I hope everyone gets their vinyl problems flattened out!
11/21/05 - 06/13/08 - 08/16/08 -04/21/10 - 8/2/11

Crispy

Quote from: Hypno+Raygun on Jun 07, 2011, 01:01 AM
Man, this sucks. I did not order this, (I guess thankfully at this point).. It is sad since Patrick made the vinyl video for a promo! ha.. I guess something didn't get worked out. I don't think they "make it like they used to".. I have a lot of old vinyl that is in perfect shape, 60+ years old!

I played a Nat King Cole record last night, and that thing is a solid slab of perfection.

I'm pretty sure the warpage wasn't the fault of the manufacturer -- I'm guessing somewhere along the trip to California (or beyond), a bunch of them sat in a hot place for too long. I buys lots and lots of new vinyl and hardly ever run into warpage, but shit does happen and I hope to get a replacement soon -- I REALLY want to listen to this record.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

kotchishm

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 07, 2011, 09:02 AM
Quote from: Hypno+Raygun on Jun 07, 2011, 01:01 AM

I'm pretty sure the warpage wasn't the fault of the manufacturer -- I'm guessing somewhere along the trip to California (or beyond), a bunch of them sat in a hot place for too long. I buys lots and lots of new vinyl and hardly ever run into warpage, but shit does happen and I hope to get a replacement soon -- I REALLY want to listen to this record.

This is true.  I can't tell you how many warped records I've received from Amazon.  Packaging and shipping is where it goes wrong.  You can see that from some people getting Circuital in good shape.  My standard was in great shape.  Hope you guys get some help on these.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf