The worst MMJ song?

Started by Jahmazed, Jun 06, 2011, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose24

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 06, 2011, 06:20 PM
They Ran (Tennessee Fire version)

I think part of it is b/c it sounds like I recorded it through the pocket of a trench coat.
What about the version on Chapter 1 because I kinda like that one better?

el_chode

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 06, 2011, 11:46 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Jun 06, 2011, 11:37 PM
Also, Boston's S/T is one of the greatest albums to ever be an album.

Me too. I recall the way that album sounded was quite remarkable for the time with most of the instruments recorded in Tom Scholz's basement studio (standard practice for faceless corporate rock bands of the 70's).

However, in order to try to salvage this terrible display of going off thread topic, I will say the worst song off that album is Let Me Take You Home Tonight.

Bringing it back off topic by saying it's the best worst song off that album. I mean that song is great. But possibly because it's so bad.
I'm surrounded by assholes

The DARK

I suppose Somebody Cares About The Maestro tends to get skipped a lot when it comes up on shuffle...  ;)

In all seriousness though, How Do You Know doesn't quite do anything for me.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: halesdd on Jun 07, 2011, 11:18 AM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 07, 2011, 10:57 AM

Easy - The Librarian.  What an awful, awful song.  I can't believe they put that one on the record over some other song...ANY other song.  Jesus.

Really??  What is there not to like about this song??  I love it.  One of my favorites by far.

I also don't see why people hate on I'm Amazed so much.

I'm Amazed blows hard because it's fucking boring as shit.   there is nothing remarkable about it, nothing unique, nothing inspiring about it.  saying you're amazed about a bunch of bullshit for 4minutes doesn't really get me off.  the solo is always standard for the most part.  no real rock potential, it doesn't really go anywhere, it's sort of a huge piece of shit.  but that's just my opinion.  even musically it's boring as fuck.  what is it like C to G over and over or something?  weak shit. 

Murph

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 06:34 PM
Quote from: halesdd on Jun 07, 2011, 11:18 AM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 07, 2011, 10:57 AM

Easy - The Librarian.  What an awful, awful song.  I can't believe they put that one on the record over some other song...ANY other song.  Jesus.

Really??  What is there not to like about this song??  I love it.  One of my favorites by far.

I also don't see why people hate on I'm Amazed so much.

I'm Amazed blows hard because it's fucking boring as shit.   there is nothing remarkable about it, nothing unique, nothing inspiring about it.  saying you're amazed about a bunch of bullshit for 4minutes doesn't really get me off.  the solo is always standard for the most part.  no real rock potential, it doesn't really go anywhere, it's sort of a huge piece of shit.  but that's just my opinion.  even musically it's boring as fuck.  what is it like C to G over and over or something?  weak shit.

I basically felt the same way you did Sticky, but gained a ton of respect for I'm Amazed after hearing it this past weekend at Mountain Jam.  They extended the jam and it fucking rocked.....hard.  I know theres a recording of the whole show floating around, do yourself a favor and take a listen to it.  I promise it'll make you at least not hate the song anymore

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I saw that stream, it was alright.  to me it's the weakest song in the setlist right now.  If the song was shelved for awhile maybe it'd grow on me like Wonderful Man did but as of now it needs to go.  It blows knowing they're going to be playing it all year, and most likely at the show I'm at.   Honestly, this tour will make or break their live experience for me.  I've seen them enough now where I'm starting to expect them to feel that way too.  this Victory Dance->Circuital->Off The Record shit to open and then Smokin'->Partial Run Thru->Touch Me Pt. 2 closer already bores the fuck out of me.  their encores are pretty predictable too.  they need to mix it up big time and swap the 15songs they play every show around and out often. 

not to go off on a setlist rant but that's the one thing I do not understand about this band.  their repetitive setlists.   Jim giving some excuse about it helping him get in the zone when they play the same set every night isn't going to cut it either.  they need to be creative this tour, they've been riding on golden and one big holiday long enough. 

halesdd

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 07:31 PM
I saw that stream, it was alright.  to me it's the weakest song in the setlist right now.  If the song was shelved for awhile maybe it'd grow on me like Wonderful Man did but as of now it needs to go.  It blows knowing they're going to be playing it all year, and most likely at the show I'm at.   Honestly, this tour will make or break their live experience for me.  I've seen them enough now where I'm starting to expect them to feel that way too.  this Victory Dance->Circuital->Off The Record shit to open and then Smokin'->Partial Run Thru->Touch Me Pt. 2 closer already bores the fuck out of me.  their encores are pretty predictable too.  they need to mix it up big time and swap the 15songs they play every show around and out often. 

not to go off on a setlist rant but that's the one thing I do not understand about this band.  their repetitive setlists.   Jim giving some excuse about it helping him get in the zone when they play the same set every night isn't going to cut it either.  they need to be creative this tour, they've been riding on golden and one big holiday long enough.

I'll gladly pay to see that set time and time again. Do I wish they would changes things up now and again, sure. But they are absolutely killer no matter what set they produce. If your bored, then don't go. It's that simple. I'm Amazed is a great song. Just because it doesn't fit your description of a stellar song doesn't make it any less incredible.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

YungYave

I hear ya I definitely hope they switch up the set lists a little this year, although they look pretty standard so far. I think when a band plays varying mixtures of songs it really makes shows special and keeps fans hungry to see them. Sometimes it's pure magic and sometimes people get disappointed, but it's better not knowing what you're gonna get.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

halesdd

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 08:45 PM
Quote from: halesdd on Jun 07, 2011, 07:55 PM

I'll gladly pay to see that set time and time again. Do I wish they would changes things up now and again, sure. But they are absolutely killer no matter what set they produce. If your bored, then don't go. It's that simple. I'm Amazed is a great song. Just because it doesn't fit your description of a stellar song doesn't make it any less incredible.

if you're bored don't go?  how about fuck you.  I'm Amazed isn't a great song.  just because you want to eat every drop of jizz that comes out of the tip of jim james cock does not help your opinion in this conversation.  I'm all for fluffing the fuck out of this band but I'm amazed is pretty lame and their setlists are predictable.  it's how it is.  if you don't understand my complaints you haven't been around that long and have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Well your a hostile little fuck, ain't chya? Apparently there was piss in your cheerios when you heard I'm Amazed.  I'm not going to regress into a petty shouting match over this garbage. Everyone is entitled to there own assumptions as to what a song sounds like and what setlist they should play. And you know the saying, assumptions are like assholes, everyones got one. Only difference is yours is a foul diseased one straight rotted out and only blows whiffs of nonsensical hotair that no body really cares for.  Just callin it as I see it duuuuude.

BigHerm

.  this Victory Dance->Circuital->Off The Record shit to open  already bores the fuck out of me
;D really?   ;D ;D get bored quick much?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: BigHerm on Jun 07, 2011, 09:23 PM
.  this Victory Dance->Circuital->Off The Record shit to open  already bores the fuck out of me
;D really?   ;D ;D get bored quick much?

totally, like yawnz.

BigHerm

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 09:24 PM.  filate me.
;D Thought you were serious for a second, till this gem. Nice  :thumbsup:

FILATE ME FILATE ME

awe you removed it  :embarassed:

halesdd

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 09:24 PM
Quote from: halesdd on Jun 07, 2011, 09:16 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 08:45 PM
Quote from: halesdd on Jun 07, 2011, 07:55 PM

if you're bored don't go?  how about fuck you.  I'm Amazed isn't a great song.  just because you want to eat every drop of jizz that comes out of the tip of jim james cock does not help your opinion in this conversation.  I'm all for fluffing the fuck out of this band but I'm amazed is pretty lame and their setlists are predictable.  it's how it is.  if you don't understand my complaints you haven't been around that long and have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Well your a hostile little fuck, ain't chya? Apparently there was piss in your cheerios when you heard I'm Amazed.  I'm not going to regress into a petty shouting match over this garbage. Everyone is entitled to there own assumptions as to what a song sounds like and what setlist they should play. And you know the saying, assumptions are like assholes, everyones got one. Only difference is yours is a foul diseased one straight rotted out and only blows whiffs of nonsensical hotair that no body really cares for.  Just callin it as I see it duuuuude.

you wanted a piece of this you got a fucking piece of this.  don't come barking up my fucking tree telling me I'm Amazed doesn't suck if you want me to be nice to you.  you better watch that wise ass mouth of yours.  my opinion is pure and honest.  filate me.

Pure and honest is subjective to the opinion itself. Difference is you feel yours is supreme above all else. I could care less about you being nice to me. This whole thread is about opinions and not one is going to change the few of the others.  Your hostility is the issue at play here.  You come in being a wise ass and that's what you'll get back.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

tdb810

sticky, behave...i remember taking you seriously once.....don't mess with the noobies :)
.....Back at the Model Home

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: BigHerm on Jun 07, 2011, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 09:24 PM.  filate me.
;D Thought you were serious for a second, till this gem. Nice  :thumbsup:

FILATE ME FILATE ME

awe you removed it  :embarassed:

I didn't want the posts to get deleted again.  once I start talking about BJ's and penis my shit always gets deleted.  shouldn't second guess myself like that.  I thought filate me sounded way mean.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 07, 2011, 09:31 PM
sticky, behave...i remember taking you seriously once.....don't mess with the noobies :)

but.. they... they're... n00bs...

tdb810

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 07, 2011, 09:37 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 07, 2011, 09:31 PM

but.. they... they're... n00bs...
you're so fresh
.....Back at the Model Home

e_wind

1. I'm Amazed is the most boring song they have.
2. I agree 100% with Sticky that they're setlists need to change. They have a very extensive catalog and it sucks driving all around the country and shit to see maybe one different song a show. Obviously bands are going to play their fan favorites at every show, but if they play OBH, Golden, TWTHS, Gideon, Mageetah, Wordless, Off The Record, Smokin From Shootin, TMIGTS P2, Anytime, Dondante, I'm Amazed, and Highly every show, they still have 10 (give or take) songs they can switch up. I know they're going to play 5 or so new songs every show this tour, but why do they need to fill the other 5 slots with the same 5 songs every show. Especially last year when they didn't have Circuital to play all the time. They closed out their first tour with 3 covers every night in 2010, which is just ridiculous. It's awesome that they threw Steam Engine in the mix this tour, but now that I've seen it 3 times in 2011, it's getting less exciting. It's not exciting at all to go into a show knowing what you're going to see...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...