I love this band!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Jan 29, 2004, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

QuoteThanks for the setlist grandpaboy, I needed that one.  Only 7 missing now from 2009.

[size=10]positive aspects of OCD[/size] ... ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Grandpaboy

Crispy,
No worries. I should probably work on expressing myself a little less ambiguously or mastering my ironies a little better or something. That sort of stuff tends to get lost in translation between frengers. A classic message board gate, I suppose.

Penny,
It's probably true that Americans travel more than Europeans, and part of the reason may be that it's easier over there, as you suggest. In my experience at least, the European railroad has nothing on your American Greyhounds. I once rode a Greyhound from San Francisco to Minneapolis, and it only took like 5 hours – plus, we got to eat at McDonalds every 15 minutes. It was totally sweetpickles. The Danish railroad is old and tired and can't compete with that sort of awesomeness at all. That said, I think Europeans also tend to be stuck in an Old Europe kind of mindset, where crossing a border is only something you do when you're going on a longer vacation, which causes us to visit other countries far less often than you guys will visit other states. Of course, you guys are also more likely to have friends and family in other states than we in other countries, but there's still something absurd about this European "fear" of crossing borders, and I suppose that was one of the points Johnny Y. wanted to make, when he set out to scientifically prove that I am the laziest ass to ever set cheeks on the soil of the earth.

BH,
Glad you could use the setlist. I don't know if there are any Swedes around on this board, but if not, I guess one of the seven missing setlists might be the one from the Stockholm show that the boys played the night before Copenhagen. As it happens, I stumbled upon something like a Stockholm setlist on a Danish music site earlier today:

Monsters of Folk
November 19th 2009
Filadelfiakyrkan, Stockholm, Sweden

Lineage: DIY(WM61A)>Batt.box>R-09HR>Soundforge6.0>CDWave(track split)>TLH (flac)

CD 1
01 Whole Lotta Loosin'
02 The Right Place
03 Soul Singer in a Session Band
04 Slow Down Jo
05 Man Named Truth
06 Say Please
07 Just To Know What You've Been Dreaming
08 Bermuda Highway
09 Look At You
10 One Life Away
11 Ahead Of The Curve
12 Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)
13 Temazcal
14 Baby Boomer
15 Smoke Without Fire
16 Duet For Guitars #3
17 Chinese Translation
18 Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

CD 2
01 Golden
02 Kathy With a K's Song
03 To Save Me
04 Lime Tree
05 We Are Nowhere And It's Now
06 The Big Picture
07 Lullaby + Exile
08 At Dawn
09 Sandman, the Brakeman, and me
10 Map of the World
11 Smokin' From Shootin'
12 Hit The Switch
13 Losin' Yo Head

CD 3
01 At the Bottom of Everything
02 Vincent O'Brien
03 Another Travelin' Song
04 His Master's Voice

> As you can tell, it's based on a recording of the show, and here's the link to that recording:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-login.php?returnto=torrents-details.php%3Fid%3D278571

The link doesn't work for me right now though. Don't know if it's just down temporarily or if it's gone for good. Anyway, all this may be old news to you. Goodnight.

danz

QuoteI once rode a Greyhound from San Francisco to Minneapolis, and it only took like 5 hours – plus, we got to eat at McDonalds every 15 minutes. It was totally sweetpickles.

;D

Soulshine

QuoteI once rode a Greyhound from San Francisco to Minneapolis, and it only took like 5 hours – plus, [highlight]we got to eat at McDonalds every 15 minutes.[/highlight] It was totally sweetpickles.

;D

That's the American way!  :-[ ;D

You're lucky. I once took the Greyhound from Central Illinois to Chicago (about a 2 hour ride) and the guy next to me touched himself the entire time. That was def NOT sweetpickles. :'(
Because we're all in this together...

Crispy

QuoteI once rode a Greyhound from San Francisco to Minneapolis, and it only took like 5 hours – plus, [highlight]we got to eat at McDonalds every 15 minutes.[/highlight] It was totally sweetpickles.

;D

You're lucky. I once took the Greyhound from Central Illinois to Chicago (about a 2 hour ride) and the guy next to me touched himself the entire time. That was def NOT sweetpickles. :'(
That is def dillpickles. I once rode the bus from Fort Collins, CO to Perry, OK. It took so long I thought I was going to die, I finished the only book I had with me and had to start reading it again, I almost lost my sanity, and with it the inhibition to keep from touching myself. Almost, I said.

And oh yeah, the only place we ever stopped to eat was McDonald's.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Cardiff UK is the only European MOF setlist I'm missing.  Thanks for looking though.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

QuoteI suppose that was one of the points Johnny Y. wanted to make, when he set out to scientifically prove that I am the laziest ass to ever set cheeks on the soil of the earth.

Well, I am a science teacher.  ;)  (see, sarcasm)

You make a good point regarding travel within Europe.  As a tourist a few years ago, my wife and I were all over the place in France and Belgium.  But I can see how, for a native, its not the same as going, say, from New Hampshire to Alabama.  

So, you say that statement in Danish was fairly accurate?  I wasn't sure, and when  I tried to translate it back to English, it was not what I started with.

Email and other forms of written communication via the Internet are notorious for misinterpreting the intent of people.  That and anonymity make it far to easy to get critical with total strangers.  Sarcastic intent becomes insult, humor becomes offense.  There aren't enought smiley face emoticons to cover the spectrum of human emotion.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

;D

Like kept touching himself or kept touching his manparts?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

;D

Trying to get a good image in your head for later?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Soulshine

;D

He touched his wang. Intensely. The entire time. I had nowhere to go. I was next to the window and the bus was full. I was watching a movie on my laptop and then my battery started to die and all I thought was NOOOOOOO!
Because we're all in this together...

capt. scotty

;D

He touched his wang. Intensely. The entire time. I had nowhere to go. I was next to the window and the bus was full. I was watching a movie on my laptop and then my battery started to die and all I thought was NOOOOOOO!

Maybe he thought you were perdy :-*

I always thought wang scratching was a good move. Gets the girl interested. Then again...
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons