NCAA Football 2011

Started by Tracy 2112, Jun 22, 2011, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

Tracy 2112

Quote from: davymac on Jul 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 14, 2011, 04:53 PM
Georgia vs. Florida: 1980 Classic

classic quote for larry munzin run lindsey run!

yeah man, that gives me goosebumps and I'm not even a UGA fan.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

mjk73

NEBRASKA ORANGE BOWL WINNING DRIVE SAPP AND MIAMI SUCKING FOR AIR

6:48 I think I pretty much had a religious experience and was bathed in beer

Tommie Fraizer's 75-yard TD Run *better announcer

No words can describe this. GO BIG RED

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Tracy 2112

youreveningcoat

Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Ruckus

I can't wait for BCS system bickering and investigations on the eventual national champion to begin. ::)

At least the Big House in Ann Arbor is adding more seats.   ;D  This Buckeyes/Wolverines thing is hilarious.  What's it gonna hold now?  120,00?  We know the Buckeyes will have to one up that right?  In 2050 they will be playing in 200,000 capacity stadiums.  At least you can say you were there. ;D

I prefer our old, out of date Memorial Stadium in Illinois with its proud losing football tradition.

Every single person I've called out on for their program cheating gets so defensive.  I'm not offended at all if you have to call me out on my team.  You can't win if you don't cheat.  The NCAA only commits large amounts of resources on teams that win, or so it seems.  Yes, Auburn will be taking down their banner in the next 5 years.  Who's next?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TheBigChicken

Opening game for UGA is Boise St at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.....that's going to be trouble....Maybe they'll run Richt out of town if UGA loses.....guy has NO killer instinct >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

kotchishm

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jul 31, 2011, 03:17 PM
Opening game for UGA is Boise St at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.....that's going to be trouble....Maybe they'll run Richt out of town if UGA loses.....guy has NO killer instinct >:(

They got Tech last year.  That final drive by Moore and the Broncos was soul-crushing.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Tracy 2112

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Tracy 2112

Alabama Sheriff Uses Fake Iron Bowl Tickets to Smoke Out Suspected Deadbeat Parents

The sheriff of Lee County, Ala., smoked out a dozen suspected deadbeat parents using the lure of the state's biggest football game and a bit of ingenuity.

Knowing the lure of the Iron Bowl to Auburn and Alabama fans, Capt. Van Jackson from the Sheriff's Office put together one of the most creative stings in recent memory, FOX Sports South reported Friday.

"Because Auburn had such a tremendous season, we thought we'd send letters out telling people we were giving away Iron Bowl tickets," Jackson said.

But with season tickets for defending national champion Auburn's home games selling out months ago and individual game tickets not due to go on sale until a few weeks before the games are played, the "priceless" tickets being offered in the "You Have Won!" letters never actually existed.

Nonetheless, the letters went out to local residents with outstanding warrants alleging unpaid child support. To the astonishment of just about everyone, a dozen suspects showed up to collect their prize.

"It was an idea that just grew out of conversations here at the agency," Jackson said. "We wanted to do something because we had some very large outstanding child-support warrants, and we wanted to come up with a sting operation to lure those people in. Obviously with the [football] season coming up, the timing was important."

Execution was important as well, and the Sheriff's Department pulled it off to perfection. In a storefront with balloons and banners in the front and handcuffs and school buses in the back, deputies dressed in Auburn and Alabama shirts cheered as one suspect after another strolled in with their letters and photo IDs.

"They were very excited, right up to the point where we got them in the back and put the cuffs on them," Jackson said. "We had one guy ask us if he still got his tickets after we'd booked him in. That was pretty funny. We all got stories to tell for the rest of our lives."

Tracy 2112

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

kydiddle

Hee hee hee.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/penn-state-players-all-worried-theyre-going-to-be,21120/

"And if we do win, absolutely no dumping Gatorade over Coach Paterno," Jones added. "I mean, are you fucking kidding me? He'd fall apart like a stewed chicken."

Go JoePa!!!!!
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

I hope Miami gets the death penalty
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 31, 2011, 02:33 PM

At least the Big House in Ann Arbor is adding more seats.   ;D  This Buckeyes/Wolverines thing is hilarious.  What's it gonna hold now?  120,00?  We know the Buckeyes will have to one up that right?  In 2050 they will be playing in 200,000 capacity stadiums.  At least you can say you were there. ;D

The only thing added to Michigan Stadium this year were 2 new giant scoreboards as Michigan has joined the HD world.

The seats were added last year when the beautiful renovations and the addition of luxury suites to the Big House were completed.

BTW, there is no competition between Michigan and OSU in seating capacity.  I believe Michigan has more competition coming from PSU and Tennessee than anywhere else at the moment. 

I just love going to games at the Big House and hearing the PA announcer stating that we are part of the largest crowd watching a football game in America today!   8)

Oh, and there's going to be some night time football in Ann Arbor this year as well!   :D  As Bart Scot would say, "CAN'T WAIT!!!"   8)

iLikeBeer

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 17, 2011, 03:26 PM
I hope Miami gets the death penalty

So, when Miami and OSU play each other this year can we call it the Cheater Bowl or the Probation Bowl or maybe the NCAA Sanctions Bowl???  ;D

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he made a good point.  The NCAA has targeted teams in the Pac10, the Big10 and the ACC, meanwhile the SEC is clean???  Riiiiiigt?!  The SEC is dirtier than dirt yet they keep skating by???  Goes to show, the NCAA isn't concerned about anything other than making money.  The SEC is the NCAA's cash cow and the NCAA will continue to allow the SECheaters to keep on cheatin' on as long as they keep brining in the big bucks for the NCAA...  ::)