More articles, interviews, and reviews

Started by johnnYYac, Jun 23, 2011, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SauceGod

Quote from: ericm on Feb 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 12, 2013, 07:30 PM
Quote from: RDist52 on Feb 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
http://bust.com/blog/album-review-jim-james-regions-of-light-and-sound-of-god.html
Nice! 4 out of 5 boobs!

Two pair ain't bad at all!  :wink:

It is the best rating system.

... and this is a great way to describe the album,
"Regions of Light and Sound of God, is a heady, exploratory deluge that envelops the listener in an eclectic embrace."

bluesky

johnnYYac

clicking the article will make it bigger
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: justbcuzido on Feb 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Cool article. Jim is a fashionisto!
http://www.elle.com/news/culture/jim-james-my-morning-jacket-interview

Oooh, good one, thanks for sharing! Never imagined ELLE would know as much about MMJ as they seem to do from those questions asked, excellent! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

GO4IT

"ELLE: Is Jim James a fashionisto?

JJ: I feel like fashion is one of the most beautiful forms of art we have. It's a form of art that every person gets to possess and create for themselves. I take it really seriously, and I really love figuring out things to wear. It's funny looking back at things I've worn, like, 'Oh damn! I wish I wouldn't have worn that' or 'I did a pretty good job with that!' Like anything else it's a beautiful form of expression."

Seriously?!?  I had no idea that those brown pants with a hole in the knee was all part of a carefully orchestrated outfit. I thought for sure it was from the many knee slides across the stage. :rolleyes: :drum:

GO4IT

Quote from: Fully on Feb 21, 2013, 04:56 PM
Quote from: korief on Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1538566/jim-james-qa-how-a-near-death-experience-and-a-1929-graphic-novel-saved-his?page=0%2C0

He says the word pussy twice!!!

I love it when he says "pussy"

Ha!!

It was pretty funny reading the Billboard down and dirty interview with all of the colorful language after reading a totally sanitized version in Elle.  I wonder if Jim changed his persona or Elle did some heavy editing.

Fully

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 21, 2013, 08:35 PM

JJ: I feel like fashion is one of the most beautiful forms of art we have. It's a form of art that every person gets to possess and create for themselves. I take it really seriously, and I really love figuring out things to wear. It's funny looking back at things I've worn, like, 'Oh damn! I wish I wouldn't have worn that' or 'I did a pretty good job with that!' Like anything else it's a beautiful form of expression."

Seriously?!?  I had no idea that those brown pants with a hole in the knee was all part of a carefully orchestrated outfit. I thought for sure it was from the many knee slides across the stage. :rolleyes: :drum:

So not a fashionista! You can't be a fashionista if you wear the same black shirt with the same rips in the elbows for six months running. I will never forget what that did to my soul!!!! And my imagination about his manly elbows that had to burst forth from their restrictive black sleeves. I'm still traumatized by this how many months after he finally quit wearing that shirt.

Fully

I think he does these things on purpose to upset women. We have an innate need to take care of men who cannot dress themselves. It's biological. I worked for years with a bachelor who never had his shirt buttoned right or his suspenders were always crooked and he wore duck tape on his plastic flip flops with socks. I spent every morning fussing and fixing his clothes for him.

rjlemons

Quote from: Fully on Feb 21, 2013, 09:12 PM
I think he does these things on purpose to upset women. We have an innate need to take care of men who cannot dress themselves. It's biological. I worked for years with a bachelor who never had his shirt buttoned right or his suspenders were always crooked and he wore duck tape on his plastic flip flops with socks. I spent every morning fussing and fixing his clothes for him.
Poor Fully  :wink: I do feel ya. However, one of the most stressful times of of the day for me is figuring out WTH I'm going to wear to work each day. The simplicity probably helps our dear Jim focus on more important things  :happy:

Did you notice his suit changes colors (lighting) on those Williamsburg videos? That suit wasn't maroon Nashville. Ha.  :wink:

Fully

He has a brown suit that he wore on Fallon. I think he has two or three different ones.

Also, I definitely have trouble getting dressed myself, but I can button my shirts correctly and I don't wear holy clothes. I'm not very holy either, for that matter.

rjlemons

Quote from: Fully on Feb 21, 2013, 10:00 PM
He has a brown suit that he wore on Fallon. I think he has two or three different ones.

Also, I definitely have trouble getting dressed myself, but I can button my shirts correctly and I don't wear holy clothes. I'm not very holy either, for that matter.
Well that's true...Jim's current inside-out holy shirt has been going for a while now. But at least this solo deal has a neat prospective with all those suits. Not to mention his new stage presence style :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Feb 21, 2013, 09:08 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 21, 2013, 08:35 PM

So not a fashionista! You can't be a fashionista if you wear the same black shirt with the same rips in the elbows for six months running. I will never forget what that did to my soul!!!! And my imagination about his manly elbows that had to burst forth from their restrictive black sleeves. I'm still traumatized by this how many months after he finally quit wearing that shirt.

i don't buy it, either..perhaps he was trying trying to get the in on the Elle models.. :wink:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

scosby2

The billboard article is the best one I have read in a really long time. I've never heard him really acknowledge the long haired southern hippie rock and all that...and how cool that Of the mother Again is a Dr. Dog sample...i can see those guys hating it and Jim loving it