More articles, interviews, and reviews

Started by johnnYYac, Jun 23, 2011, 09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

Jim James Has "Big Mountain of Ideas" Ready for Next My Morning Jacket Album

http://krro.com/news/articles/2013/mar/13/jim-james-has-big-mountain-of-ideas-ready-for-next-my-morning-jacket-album/

Jim James may be out on tour promoting his debut solo album, Regions of Light and Sound of God , but the singer's says that he's ready to reunite with My Morning Jacket and begin work on the follow-up to 2011's Circuital .

"I've just got a big mountain of ideas that I'm sifting through and we just need to get together and start hitting them around...and see what happens and which ones work and which ones don't," he tells ABC News Radio.  "But I'm super excited about it."

The singer adds that he would like to release the band's seventh studio album in 2014, but it will all depend on how the recording sessions go.  "We're hoping to get together later in the year do some recording...and it just depends on how quick that goes or how slow it goes," he reveals.  "It's always so hard to know until you get in there."

James has solo tour dates scheduled until July 28, so it's unlikely that MMJ will any get time to work on anything new before then.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
Jim James Has "Big Mountain of Ideas" Ready for Next My Morning Jacket Album

http://krro.com/news/articles/2013/mar/13/jim-james-has-big-mountain-of-ideas-ready-for-next-my-morning-jacket-album/

Jim James may be out on tour promoting his debut solo album, Regions of Light and Sound of God , but the singer's says that he's ready to reunite with My Morning Jacket and begin work on the follow-up to 2011's Circuital .

"I've just got a big mountain of ideas that I'm sifting through and we just need to get together and start hitting them around...and see what happens and which ones work and which ones don't," he tells ABC News Radio.  "But I'm super excited about it."

The singer adds that he would like to release the band's seventh studio album in 2014, but it will all depend on how the recording sessions go.  "We're hoping to get together later in the year do some recording...and it just depends on how quick that goes or how slow it goes," he reveals.  "It's always so hard to know until you get in there."

James has solo tour dates scheduled until July 28, so it's unlikely that MMJ will any get time to work on anything new before then.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

Excellent! Bring on the big mountain of ideas! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

johnnYYac

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

SaraBananaBear

SaraBananaBear

FasterLouder, not much new info, but some hope for the Australians.  :thumbsup:

Quote"Hoping to bring the record to Australia in 2013, James is about to embark on a US trek this month."

johnnYYac

Quote from: justbcuzido on Mar 21, 2013, 01:41 PM
Four part video invterview with Jim through Pandora Radio.

http://www.pandora.com/static/ads/landing_pages/2193_toyota/2193_landing_page.html
I finally watched these segments and Jim puts to rest all the silly stories about the origin of the name "My Morning Jacket" in part four, though he can't quite explain what inspired it. 

weeniebeenie

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Mar 29, 2013, 09:44 AM

Quote"Hoping to bring the record to Australia in 2013, James is about to embark on a US trek this month."
I hope so. Thanks for posting Sara!
How loud can silence get?

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Mar 30, 2013, 08:59 AM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Mar 29, 2013, 09:44 AM

I hope so. Thanks for posting Sara!

I totally missed this but I reckon this just might happen...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

SaraBananaBear

This one is good, from September 2003.

Quote"I was originally in Riverdance, and they saw I had rhythm and that I could use my feet. I applied my Riverdance techniques to the drum set and they were like, 'Wow, would you come play?' And I told 'em no, made 'em fester for about a year. Then they asked me again and I said yes."
- PH

:thumbsup:

rjlemons

Thanks, Sara.  :thumbsup: I love these old articles. This made me laugh:

They'll keep driving around in their van-except for Jim, who is banned from the driver's seat, not in the name of star treatment but because, Danny says, "for most people, the brake pedal has varying degrees of breaking pressure, but for Jim, I think it's like a button, either on or off."

justbcuzido

Thanks Sara! I really loved this article! Especially in the authors trouble he has in describing MMJ to people not in the know. It really accurately describes what I go through every time I try to get a friend into them.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.