Revisiting the back catalogue

Started by ralph, Jun 24, 2011, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

After sitting with Circuital for a few weeks it felt like time to go back and listen to the back catalogue again.  So with earphone in place I had all 6 albums play randomly as I worked on the Penski file at my place of work - Mundane Company Pty Ltd, kinda of like a bizarre out of order 'T6' - Ralph style!  :thumbsup:

76 songs, 5ish hours of awesome.  And fittingly the last song to play out of the 76? Yep, One Big Holiday!

Then I went home and played At Dawn.  For some reason thats the one that jumped out and felt right to play. This was my Friday...

Anyone else been going back or are you still in Circuital land?
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

tdb810

T6 Ralph Syle!  Love it!

We are always going back......I have a playlist of all of the jacket songs on my ipod that i made for the Lovefest, and that is quite often playing in our house... Sometimes a certain song will come on and I will just play it over and over.  After they did Where to Begin during the Chicago show last week, I couldn't get that out of my head for a couple of days.... Today I was playing Tyrone on repeat...I don't know, sometimes I just need to do that. 

The recent shows with these older gems showing up have really heightened my appreciation yet again of how incredibly magical T5 was.  Ahhhh, what a week!

.....Back at the Model Home

bluesky

So on the same page Trish, today was Hopefully for me!

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 24, 2011, 10:52 PM
T6 Ralph Syle!  Love it!

We are always going back......I have a playlist of all of the jacket songs on my ipod that i made for the Lovefest, and that is quite often playing in our house... Sometimes a certain song will come on and I will just play it over and over.  After they did Where to Begin during the Chicago show last week, I couldn't get that out of my head for a couple of days.... Today I was playing Tyrone on repeat...I don't know, sometimes I just need to do that. 

The recent shows with these older gems showing up have really heightened my appreciation yet again of how incredibly magical T5 was.  Ahhhh, what a week!

woodnymph

Quote from: bluesky on Jun 24, 2011, 11:57 PM
So on the same page Trish, today was Hopefully for me!

Quote from: tdb810 on Jun 24, 2011, 10:52 PM
T6 Ralph Syle!  Love it!

Whoa Val!!  I had a Hopefully day today too!!  Found a cd a friend of mine burnt of Jim with Bootsie Anne on Vday/Louisville is for Lovers... played Hopefully 3 times through the day hahah  :P
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

At Dawn got the full treatment while making dinner tonight.  A fairly elaborate meal means I got through the whole album.  Jim's right; Strangulation is a weird way to end the album.  Weird... but awesome.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 25, 2011, 01:34 AM
At Dawn got the full treatment while making dinner tonight.  A fairly elaborate meal means I got through the whole album.  Jim's right; Strangulation is a weird way to end the album.  Weird... but awesome.
it is a very strange way to end an album...to me ttf is a perfect ending...i love how you just have just  listened to itigth and it's kind of a darker place...all you have to is put at dawn in and then it's like a ray of sunshine hits you and it picks up right where ttf leaves off...pretty cool in my opinion.

littleacorn

spinning TTF right as we speak....lovely  8)
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

lil sis

After listening to the Merriweather recording from last summer and Circuital on repeat last night while ynwa and I caught up over some vino, today I went back to At Dawn and ISM while cleaning and reorganzing my closet.  Made these tasks so much more bearable.  :thumbsup:
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."