Main Menu

Vetiver

Started by EC, Feb 20, 2008, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

did we ever give vetiver its own thread?
http://www.myspace.com/vetiverse

i'm having a lot of great serendipity lately.  anyhow, just thought of them right now, went to their myspace, and they're touring.  yay!

i know mr. baxter is prob. a fan - anybody else?  i listened to the record "to find me gone" every morning in the cold prairies last winter. :)

ChiefOKONO

Vetiver is touring with Gary Louris! Hell yeahhh!!!!

BH

Just been getting into a new Vetiver CD and noticed they are coming to St. Louis on Monday.  Anybody seen them?  Good live show?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

i've been quite enjoying the few vetiver songs i've heard.  been debating picking up that covers album and it's companion ep, but i might have to track down 'to find me gone' for the upcoming cold prairie winter mornings ala meg.  

sorry dave, no idea how they are live.   :)

BH

Quotei've been quite enjoying the few vetiver songs i've heard.  been debating picking up that covers album and it's companion ep, but i might have to track down 'to find me gone' for the upcoming cold prairie winter mornings ala meg.  

sorry dave, no idea how they are live.   :)

Cool, thanks.  I think I'll give it a try if I can convince someone to go with me.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Sassbox

QuoteJust been getting into a new Vetiver CD and noticed they are coming to St. Louis on Monday.  Anybody seen them?  Good live show?

I saw them open for Gary Louris this year, then serve as his backing band.  Fantastic, fantastic set.  Go!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ALady

Quotei've been quite enjoying the few vetiver songs i've heard.  been debating picking up that covers album and it's companion ep, but i might have to track down 'to find me gone' for the upcoming cold prairie winter mornings ala meg.  

The companion EP is quite good.  I've really been getting into them lately...definitely go see them if you get the chance!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Burt Whitiker

Love Vetiver - saw them over the summer. Great show! The covers album is fantastic as well, haven't heard the ep yet.

Dee.

I love them too.

Their new one Tight Knit is said to be coming out Feb. 17th on Sub Pop.

That's quite soon, yay.

red

new song: http://stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-vetiver-everyday_045291.html

sounds great.  now i've got to decide if i should make the new album my first vetiver purchase, or an earlier one.  hmph.

mahg33ta

bump for some love for The Errant Charm

Ruckus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 21, 2011, 04:41 PM
bump for some love for The Errant Charm
Ahh, thanks for the heads up on this g33ta.  I gotta get my hands on the new one.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head