A Little help for a MMJ Newbie?

Started by N0T PLAYER 2, Jul 06, 2011, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0T PLAYER 2

Hey guys, im writing because i recently started listening to my morning jacket quite a bit latley... and wanted to ask the fans a couple of questions.

Could a few guys post a good playlist for me to get better aqauainted with some of the really good stuff? I ordered all the albums off of amazon used and got some great deals. I ripped them all to my xbox and wanted to make a playlist of some of the better tracks..

A couple i like so far are -
lay low
one big holiday
victory dance
and really track 1-5 and track 10 on the new album.

Are there any standout bootlegs that are out there i should get? What about blu ray/dvds? I watched the okonokos dvd and really liked it...

the thing is i really like the jammier songs, not the super mellow songs... when the band would jam on certian numbers on the dvd mentioned above it was amazing.

Any thing to help a girl out! Im really, really upset iwith my self for missing them at bonnaroo in 2008... heard it was the show of the, well, show next to pearl jam (which i am a die hard fan of) and just wanted to ask for some help from people i know really understand the music.

If you could do an album by album break down with each tracks... would be great! Thanks so much!

blucas

I'm still pretty fired up about the show at the SB Bowl on Sat nite, so I would look for your favorite setlist from one of their recent shows and make a playlist out of that.  After the initial honeymoon, you must commit to go album by album though.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

N0T PLAYER 2

exactly! i looked through the setlists and they varied alot (which is great!) so i was asking about what songs are more jammy - like at dawn, don donte etc...

when i went to the set lists it was hard to pinpoint each song, and scrolling through on my xbox can be a bit tedious..

any help is greatly appreciated. i NEVER find good music any more and to find this made me honestly say to my self where the fuck have i been not listening to this before now.

TSarge

Songs off the top of my head (I could just list every song, though I won't):

Heartbreakin' Man
Butch Cassidy
The Bear
Evelyn
War Begun
At Dawn
The Way that he Sings
Bermuda Highway
Phone Went West
Master Plan
Steam Engine
I will Sing You Songs
Just one Thing
Run Thru
Dondante
Mahgeetah
Dancefloors
Wordless Chorus
Gideon
Anytime
Golden
Evil Urges
Smoking from Shooting
I'm Amazed
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream
Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day is Coming
Wonderful
Slow, Slow Tune
Cobra

I mean, I want to list every song actually.

SplatSplatSplat

Jammiest songs:

Honest Man
Phone Went West
Evelyn Is Not Real
Mahgeetah
Dancefloors
Run Thru
Steam Engine
Off The Record
Lay Low
War Begun
I Will Sing You Songs
Slow Slow Tune
I Think I'm Going to Hell
You need it.  That's for sure.

davymac

Jammiest songs to me are

Cobra
Phone went west
War Begun
Steam Engine
Touch Me pt2
Run Thru
Dondante
Off the record

It's obviously just opinion but try to listen to live versions of those songs if you can, but like TSarge said I could easily name most all their songs :thumbsup:

youreveningcoat

Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DejaView2011

The way that he sings!!!!
Run Thru
Remnants!!!!!!!
It beats for you
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

kotchishm

STRANGULATION!

Phone Went West is "jammy" or you could just pick up It Still Moves every song is like 7 minutes
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

e_wind

truth. just get ISM, and a handful of other songs and you'll be golden
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...