John Legend & the Roots cover Dear God

Started by aMillionDreams, Oct 31, 2010, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

searchinbig

How fuckin' cool is that? Look at the lives this band has touched. Other people doing JJ covers. You see people rockin' to Dear God in the audience and they probably don't even know who JJ is. The roots kick ass too. Thanks Jim for turning me on to them also. Love this band. Love this forum. Thanks for the post D.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

columba78

They did a cover on the latest "the Roots" album, for those who want to have a version of this on their IPod,

tjd

QuoteThey did a cover on the latest "the Roots" album, for those who want to have a version of this on their IPod,

Don't stop at Dear God....that entire Roots album is great.

ManNamedTruth

The Roots are awesome, great live band. I've been listening to them long before MMJ and never would've guessed this collaboration would've happened.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Soulshine

QuoteThe Roots are awesome, great live band. I've been listening to them long before MMJ and never would've guessed this collaboration would've happened.

Same here, Truf
Because we're all in this together...

rmpotsy

QuoteThey did a cover on the latest "the Roots" album, for those who want to have a version of this on their IPod,

Don't stop at Dear God....that entire Roots album is great.
out go the lights it begins

rusty95

When the Roots did mtv unplugged with jay z back in the mid 90's is when i got hooked on the roots.  Still havent found a good video copy of that performance.  Used to have it on vhs taped off the tv but since have lost it.  Never could figure out why that was never released.  One of the best mtv unplugged shows of all imo.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

capt. scotty

QuoteWhen the Roots did mtv unplugged with jay z back in the mid 90's is when i got hooked on the roots.  Still havent found a good video copy of that performance.  Used to have it on vhs taped off the tv but since have lost it.  Never could figure out why that was never released.  One of the best mtv unplugged shows of all imo.

i think that was actually this past decade. if not, had to be '99..Time flies!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

rusty95

QuoteWhen the Roots did mtv unplugged with jay z back in the mid 90's is when i got hooked on the roots.  Still havent found a good video copy of that performance.  Used to have it on vhs taped off the tv but since have lost it.  Never could figure out why that was never released.  One of the best mtv unplugged shows of all imo.

i think that was actually this past decade. if not, had to be '99..Time flies!

Your right 2001.  Damn I guess I've been wanting to see that again in it's entirety for so long, it just seemed longer ago than that.  Anywho, if anyone has any kind of copy let me know where I can get it.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

ManNamedTruth

BUMP

Has anyone ever realized that the official music video for this song has Jim James in it!?! Has this ever been posted?

The Roots - Dear God 2.0 ft. Monsters Of Folk
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bigkidfallsdown.com

DAMN. Thank you for posting the video. I got the goosebumps watching it.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

Lunchbox

P.O.S. (Rhymesayers) and Muja Messiah killed that Dear God beat also...i almost prefer it over The Roots version.

AlwxanderD10