Dave Grohl kicks fan out of iTunes festival show.

Started by foomex, Jul 13, 2011, 02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjk73

Here's my take...

I think this is staged.

Regardless, just because you buy a ticket does NOT give you the license to be a complete dick at shows and ruin it for other. If you're starting a fight I would hope security would be all over your ass before the band would have to stop and call you out. I've been to shows where security was great and stopped shit before it got out of hand and I've been to shows where what Dave did happened. I just wish more would stop the shows due to the obnoxious amount of chit chat going on. But that's a whole different issue.

And Tracy, yes no stripped shit but I'm sure the kid Henry was wailing on was sporting a crimson mask later on.

Jon T.

Maynard's always been a big fan when people rush the stage.not.  I was at a APC show in either B'ham or Orlando where someone ran up and started bowing to him on the stage.  He stopped the music and went this whole spiel of "my stage, this MY stage" blah, blah, blah.  I always wondered how the rest of the band felt, but, whatever.  That's Maynard.

Then there is this guy.  Probably the proudest moment of his life...

Maynard Puts A Kidd In A Sleeper Hold

weeniebeenie

I love Dave. I'm glad that he kicked the guy out.
How loud can silence get?

dragonboy

Tried to get tickets for this, tried to get tickets for loads of the shows (they're all free) but haven't won any yet. Still holding out for a couple of shows, would die for Mogwai tickets next Saturday...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jul 15, 2011, 08:06 AM

Did you get tickets for Feb weenie?

FWIW I think it IS Dave's show and he has a duty of care to stop anything from happening if he's sees it from his vantage point. Also, no way is this staged, it's just not his style. Sure he's a showman, but there is no way he'd be involved in that. I say good on him for doing it.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

blucas

Some guys deserve to get kicked out of shows and I don't mind an artist pointing them out to security and then getting back to business.  DG went overboard in pounding his chest and trying to see how many times he can say "motherfucker" before the guy was carried out.  Even if this were staged, it is incredibly lame that he thinks THAT is what fans want to see or what makes him look cool.  Kinda sad.

That Nirvana video is awesome tracy! 
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ralph on Jul 16, 2011, 09:55 PM

FWIW I think it IS Dave's show and he has a duty of care to stop anything from happening if he's sees it from his vantage point. Also, no way is this staged, it's just not his style. Sure he's a showman, but there is no way he'd be involved in that. I say good on him for doing it.
Feb? You mean December right? Sure did. What about you?
How loud can silence get?

ralph

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jul 16, 2011, 10:31 PM
Quote from: ralph on Jul 16, 2011, 09:55 PM

Feb? You mean December right? Sure did. What about you?

Yep, meant Dec! Confusing my Roger Waters dates with my Foo Fighters dates! The Melb show is the first show to be at the new soccer stadium. So much better than Etihad Stadium which is a caveness soulless venue.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.