Winter Death Club

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 20, 2011, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Any chance someone could share some tracks from this pre-MMJ band?

Winter Death Club formed in March 1997. These pictures make 'em look like they're from the 1950s.

The line-up was: Johnny Quaid (guitar/vocals), Tom Blankenship (later known as Two Tone Tommy) (guitar), Patrick Nevins (bass), and J. Glenn (drums).

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

No one?  Kory?  Dylan?    :-\

Crispy

I'd expect danz to have something here too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Im The Dude

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Bigsky

The earliest pre-MMJ tracks that I have is the album "Helicopters"

danz

Johnny, I got four tracks which I'll email to you later

johnnYYac

Quote from: danz on Jul 22, 2011, 03:30 PM
Bless you, my son.

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 23, 2011, 02:16 AM
Bless you, my son.
Gosh, that's nice.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 23, 2011, 02:19 AM
Bless you, my son.
Gosh, that's nice.
What the hell are you doing up so late?  Why am I up so late?  G'night, Crispy. 

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 23, 2011, 02:21 AM
Bless you, my son.
Gosh, that's nice.
What the hell are you doing up so late?  Why am I up so late?  G'night, Crispy.
I was just about to go down for sleepytime. I told you in the other thread, I'm drunbk. Gnite Johnny   ::)

danz

Bless you, my son.
Gosh, that's nice.

Though I've never hosted anything before, I don't see why these shouldn't be passed around.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hm9q43eq9e1a2hq

johnnYYac

Quote from: danz on Jul 23, 2011, 02:53 AM
Bless you, my son.
Gosh, that's nice.

Though I've never hosted anything before, I don't see why these shouldn't be passed around.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hm9q43eq9e1a2hq
Well, now I don't feel so special.   :'(

Haven't checked it out yet, but the completist in me wants to hear what all of MMJ did before MMJ.

Since leaving MMJ, J. Glenn has became a one-man band act and lingers in the Louisville area, I believe.  I'll post more about him later...

searchinbig

Thanks for sharing Dan. This place is wonderful.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Crispy

danz

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 23, 2011, 09:14 AM
Since leaving MMJ, J. Glenn has became a one-man band act and lingers in the Louisville area, I believe.  I'll post more about him later...

I got that Debutantes album he put out last year.  Anyone wanna trade something for it?

johnnYYac

Quote from: danz on Jul 23, 2011, 12:07 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 23, 2011, 09:14 AM

I got that Debutantes album he put it last year.  Anyone wanna trade something for it?
That would be Danny Cash's post-MMJ effort, wouldn't it?  Was J. Glenn part of it, too?

Well, here's what I've got re: Glenn.  He left MMJ in 2000.  This 8 track CD - Long Time No See - came up on eBay and I put in the only bid of $2.  Its homemade, but not necessarily by Glenn himself.  It might be a demo, as the final version has 13 tracks. 

ear X-tacy carries the album, 13 tracks in different order from the above disc.

http://www.earx-tacy.com/Item/9001295045

He has a My Space page, but that's all I've found and don't know how up-to-date it is (says he last logged on a couple of weeks ago).

dondantears

Reviving an old discussion. I was wondering if there was any way to get ahold of some Winter Death Club tracks. If anyone has any more info or can share some stuff with me that would be much appreciated. The above links are now expired, of course. Thanks!

johnnYYac

Quote from: dondantears on Apr 01, 2014, 12:53 PM
Reviving an old discussion. I was wondering if there was any way to get ahold of some Winter Death Club tracks. If anyone has any more info or can share some stuff with me that would be much appreciated. The above links are now expired, of course. Thanks!
I can't find any WDC commercially available, so I suppose there's no harm in re-posting what I have, 4 tracks w/titles unknown (updated; see next post).  Here you go...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qwilhzlcbu0rvaa/Winter_Death_Club.zip

johnnYYac

For those who downloaded the 4-track Winter Death Club file from the above (updated) link, I contacted Tommy and Johnny Quaid to get the titles of these four tracks.  Tom said they were from a cassette "before my time" and didn't know all of the titles, then Johnny stepped in to fill in the gaps.  You can see our Twitter conversation about this (its quite compelling) below.  Winger cover band? :shocked:

Track 1: New Holland
Track 2: The Summer Before
Track 3: To Stand Among The Killers
Track 4: Day of Light Rain

For those who have yet to download these tracks, I've re-upped with track titles added.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qwilhzlcbu0rvaa/Winter_Death_Club.zip