Walking out of a show early

Started by Tracy 2112, Jul 28, 2011, 08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChronicHunger

This is exactly what happened in Stl. Stupid duechers were drunk and dehydrated. The pigeons was just the "cover up", like how he was supposedly "sick" and his voice was "shot" in Dallas. Bunch of B.S.

Jon T.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 30, 2011, 07:09 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 30, 2011, 06:19 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 30, 2011, 05:41 PM
In other news, KoL left another show early yesterday. No pigeons, just heat.
;D ;D  I truly did laugh out loud just now!

It is funny, but I wasnt kidding, not sure if you knew or not  :D

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/07/last_night_40_minutes_in_kings.php
The video at the top of the article was taken down by their management.  God, Kings of Leon.  I'm so glad I never paid 'em any attention.

They were in town last week and it made me a little sad to pass up $10 tickets. Not because I wanted to go, but because I used to want to see them so bad and never had the chance.  Now I have the chance and I just cant bring myself to do it.  My wife had some friends over that night and one of their boyfriends called and said it was postponed an hour due to lightning. I know lightning is a legitimate safety hazard but I still called em pussies for it.   ;D  pardon my potty mouth...

mjk73

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 30, 2011, 10:08 PM

The video at the top of the article was taken down by their management.  God, Kings of Leon.  I'm so glad I never paid 'em any attention.

They were in town last week and it made me a little sad to pass up $10 tickets. Not because I wanted to go, but because I used to want to see them so bad and never had the chance.  Now I have the chance and I just cant bring myself to do it.  My wife had some friends over that night and one of their boyfriends called and said it was postponed an hour due to lightning. I know lightning is a legitimate safety hazard but I still called em pussies for it.   ;D  pardon my potty mouth...
pussies is right. Jacket played through 2 Tstorms...

Jaimoe

I've walked out of a few shows, and have felt like walking out on more than a few more. Sometimes time becomes an issue - I left early at an Avett Brothers concert because the vibe bugged me. I tried to leave at a Radiohead concert during their Kid A tour, but couldn't since they did 3 encores! Great stuff! I should've walked out on at least 2 Bob Dylan gigs. Ditto for Ben Harper.

jones

Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 30, 2011, 10:08 PM

pussies is right. Jacket played through 2 Tstorms...
I love this quote from Jared Followill:

"We're sorry," he said. "Caleb can't sing. Go ahead and burn our records. We are sorry."

buster douglas

At a festival last night, I left halfway through the Flaming Lips playing the Soft Bulletin.  It wasn't awful, but Wayne Coyne talked too much and sucked the heat out of the crowd.  Also I went to check out another act, so it's not like I left completely.

I've always had mixed feelings about the Flaming Lips.  Sure, they've had some trailblazing releases a great carnivalesque stage show, but they seem like their own biggest fans.  Wayne Coyne might as well build a giant glowing phallus and just wank it on stage.  I know his role is as much cheerleader as it is singer, but he needs to tighten up his routine a bit.