Best Guitar solos/craziest jams live

Started by ChronicHunger, Jul 22, 2011, 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jul 29, 2011, 10:30 AM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Jul 29, 2011, 09:14 AM
Quote from: darkglow on Jul 28, 2011, 03:21 AM
hell my favorite MMJ live recording is from the 2003 headliners show and there's a lot of annoying beer bottle clinking noises and stuff going on in the background...

which headliners from 2003?  from the sept two night run?  which night?  do you know where i can get either or both of these shows?  that was one of the better musical weekends of my life and probably what really cemented me as a life long fan, and by fan i mean fanatic.

if i could relive those two shows groundhog day style; i would never kiss andie mcdowell.

Lucky you. But seriously...you wouldn't kiss Andie McDowell? Really? I'd kiss Bill Murray.

Too early for flapjacks?

Those recordings are amazing and I can't believe they didn't make it onto my new iPod. Thanks for the reminder folks. :-D

id totally kiss andie mcdowell, just not if it meant i would have to leave the groundhog days of 9-26/27-2003.

i would definitely punch the ever loving s#it out of ned though.

Understood. And who wouldn't punch ned?? Geesh...  ;D
Cow temperature.

woodnymph

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
hell my favorite MMJ live recording is from the 2003 headliners show and there's a lot of annoying beer bottle clinking noises and stuff going on in the background...

which headliners from 2003?  from the sept two night run?  which night?  do you know where i can get either or both of these shows?  that was one of the better musical weekends of my life and probably what really cemented me as a life long fan, and by fan i mean fanatic.

if i could relive those two shows groundhog day style; i would never kiss andie mcdowell.

Lucky you. But seriously...you wouldn't kiss Andie McDowell? Really? I'd kiss Bill Murray.

Too early for flapjacks?

Those recordings are amazing and I can't believe they didn't make it onto my new iPod. Thanks for the reminder folks. :-D

id totally kiss andie mcdowell, just not if it meant i would have to leave the groundhog days of 9-26/27-2003.

HAHAHA I almost kissed Andie MacDowell!   :P  She actually SHOPS at the greenhouse store that I work at!!  And here's me.  It's been 85 years since I saw Groundhog Day, and anyway I don't remember names to faces of actors or actresses that well anyhow.  She was probably SO HAPPY to have me as her cashier... I rang her up, and she asked me what kind of soil she should use, and I was just non-plussed explaining what types of soil we have, etc, etc... and she pays and leaves.... I never say a word!  And on her way out, some customer says, "Miss, have I seen you on tv??"  And I hear her say, "Oh, I've done some L'oreal commercials...."   And she heads out the door.... And here comes my manager, "Jen!  Do you know who that was?"  Of course she looked familiar, and they TOLD me months ago that she shops at our store sometimes... but I'd already forgotten her name and all that...  so then she told me who she was, and I was just glad I hadn't really known, because it just made things a bit easier (probably for both of us)

Sorry for the brief thread hijack... not everyday I see Andie MacDowell and she's mentioned on the board hahahah
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

kydiddle

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 29, 2011, 11:45 AM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 29, 2011, 11:15 AM

Too early for flapjacks?

HAHAHA I almost kissed Andie MacDowell!   :P  She actually SHOPS at the greenhouse store that I work at!!  And here's me.  It's been 85 years since I saw Groundhog Day, and anyway I don't remember names to faces of actors or actresses that well anyhow.  She was probably SO HAPPY to have me as her cashier... I rang her up, and she asked me what kind of soil she should use, and I was just non-plussed explaining what types of soil we have, etc, etc... and she pays and leaves.... I never say a word!  And on her way out, some customer says, "Miss, have I seen you on tv??"  And I hear her say, "Oh, I've done some L'oreal commercials...."   And she heads out the door.... And here comes my manager, "Jen!  Do you know who that was?"  Of course she looked familiar, and they TOLD me months ago that she shops at our store sometimes... but I'd already forgotten her name and all that...  so then she told me who she was, and I was just glad I hadn't really known, because it just made things a bit easier (probably for both of us)

Sorry for the brief thread hijack... not everyday I see Andie MacDowell and she's mentioned on the board hahahah

Get the HECK OUT!  ;D ;D ;D

That is such a great story. Hahahaaha. how funny is it that we mention andie mcdowell on the boards and then you bust out this great story? Everything in the Jacket community comes full circle....swear to god.

And I KNOW JY will approve of this thread hijack.
Cow temperature.

woodnymph

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 29, 2011, 12:27 PM
Get the HECK OUT!  ;D ;D ;D

That is such a great story. Hahahaaha. how funny is it that we mention andie mcdowell on the boards and then you bust out this great story? Everything in the Jacket community comes full circle....swear to god.

And I KNOW JY will approve of this thread hijack.

IT REALLY DOES COME FULL CIRCLE!!!  It's so weird..... (the Andie M. thing especially hahah!)  I have to actually tone myself down on this dang board so often, because I just want to spew all these crazy things that always happen related to their music (or this board for pete's sake!!)  But it's been one hell of a ride jumping on the MMJ train that's for sure!!!!

johnnYYac

QuoteAnd I KNOW JY will approve of this thread hijack.

:thumbsup:

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 29, 2011, 01:51 PM
QuoteAnd I KNOW JY will approve of this thread hijack.

:thumbsup:

Woop woop!!  There's that stamp!!  Thanks JY  8)

darkglow

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 29, 2011, 09:33 AM

2003-09-26 Headliners Music Hall - Louisville, KY

1. Mahgeetah
2. Dancefloors
3. Masterplan
4. Heartbreakin Man
5. The Way That He Sings
6. Just One Thing
7. Lowdown
8. X-mas Curtain
9. One Big Holiday
10. I Will Sing You Songs
11. Steam Engine
12. Run Thru
----------
13. I Still Miss Someone (Johnny Cash) (Jim James solo)
14. Bermuda Highway (Jim James solo)
15. Strangulation (Jim James solo)
16. Golden (Jim James solo)
17. Sooner
18. Evelyn Is Not Real
19. Easy Morning Rebel
20. Phone Went West

2003-09-27 Headliners Music Hall - Louisville, KY

1. Heartbreakin Man
2. The Way That He Sings
3. The Dark
4. Lowdown
5. Mahgeetah
6. Dancefloors
7. Masterplan
8. Picture Of You
9. Old September Blues
10. Just One Thing
11. The Bear
12. Just Because I Do
13. One Big Holiday
14. I Will Sing You Songs
15. Steam Engine
16. Phone Went West
----------
17. By My Car (Jim James solo)
18. Time Of The Season (The Zombies) (Jim James solo)
19. Golden (Jim James solo)
20. O Is The One That Is Real
21. War Begun
22. It's About Twilight Now
23. Run Thru

i think night 2 is the set that I was speaking of.. but both nights are pretty great sounding recordings.. if you've ever been to a show at headliners you feel like you're listening to how it really sounds in that odd shaped place

trippin from shroomin

I don't think there is a recording of it but the Dondante from Sasquatch last year was unreal. No one has mentioned the version of Steam Engine played at Mt Jam. That is on archives.org and is MINDBLOWING. Lay Low end jam into PWW from KFC Yum set closer is pretty bad ass also.

DemonEyes86

Dondante at Festival Pier was epic. Love the metal breakdown, that shit pumped me up so much.  :D
Listen! Most of us believe this is wrong.

rmpotsy

That PWW from the YUM center was probably the best ive ever heard.
out go the lights it begins

ChronicHunger

Quote from: rmpotsy on Aug 01, 2011, 09:10 AM
That PWW from the YUM center was probably the best ive ever heard.

^True that homey

ellisintransit

My Morning Jacket - War Begun (Nashville 8/15/08)

So, one of my least favorite MMJ shows, Nashville 8/15/08 (not a fan of Riverfront Park), but the solo part of War Begun (which is always pretty amazing) was made even more amazing by the fireworks show after the Titans game.  This vid is short, but will give you a taste.