Holdin On To Black Metal Music Video

Started by Dillsnufus, Aug 01, 2011, 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

When I emailed B. Jones about his Montreal poster and confirmation that he was A. Man in Okonokos, a couple of months ago, he told me to look for this video.  Is it August already?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

buster douglas

There's some really cool footage in there. The quality Bonnaroo shots are epic and some of the early visuals are cute and appealing... however I kinda feel the overall execution of this video is a bit of a mess... Anywho I'm not in the habit of being overly critical of my favourite band so I'll just shut up!

Cool to see that Lucifer's Peach bottle that they tweeted about a few months ago make its return!  And here I was thinking it was a real craft beer...

buster douglas

I wanna quickly follow up my post before I come across as too much of a hater:

In my opinion the video should have been either all clips of Tommy tripping out, or all epic live footage, but not both.  I just find the transitions between both sorta jerky and awkward.  I just prefer clean and consistent stuff is all.

I think Brandon Jones should stay in front of the camera.  Every show by any band could feature quick cuts of him in the crowd emoting and I would not grow tired of it!

DaFunkyPrecedent

I like how they glorify GLOW STICKS, proving to all you old farts out there that glow stick wars are actually cool and the band DOES like them.  Eat some acid and go to Bonnaroo - you'll see.
God damn those shaky knees.

buster douglas

I just turned up the volume and watched the entire thing again and it jived a whole lot better than my first watch.

subinai

TSarge

I really liked that - including the "execution"  :P

Those pro-shot Bonnaroo shots were great - does that mean they might have the whole set on tape?!

lp

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Aug 02, 2011, 05:29 AM
I like how they glorify GLOW STICKS, proving to all you old farts out there that glow stick wars are actually cool and the band DOES like them.  Eat some acid and go to Bonnaroo - you'll see.

glow sticks: nice to look at, not as nice to be pelted by.

mjk73

Poor TTT. First they kill him and make steaks out of his ass for NYE one year, now he has some cracked out trip from a mickeyed drink. Way to take one for the team.

bicyclejoe

Sorry, but this is an awful video. Awful.

Jackets N Pones

Awesome video! Does orange-eyed MMJ remind anyone else of the old Showbiz Pizza band from back in the day?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

TGMC421

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Aug 02, 2011, 05:34 PM
Awesome video! Does orange-eyed MMJ remind anyone else of the old Showbiz Pizza band from back in the day?

I can totally see that!

Jackets N Pones

Upon 2nd watch this morning I noticed orange-eyed Jim is playing a banjo. Awesome.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire