Just something to consider......

Started by ManNamedTruth, Aug 07, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

I've noticed a lot of people got their show posters autographed from the band in the framed poster thread. This detracts from the artwork, and even shows a little lack of respect for the artist and the care they put into making the art IMO. If you painted a picture would you want someone to write all over it? At the end of the day it's yours to own and do what you want with it, but just wanted to share my thoughts. Please consider getting something else signed like a record, promotional poster, CD etc...
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

rusty95

I tend to agree but if I was in a situation where that was all I had ( like at a show) I would do it.  If my sole purpose is an autograph then I'm bringing vinyl.  I purchase a poster every show I attend if the oppurtunity presents itself that puppy is getting inked.

Btw 10 for 10 on posters 0-10 on autographed posters.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

e_wind

I don't agree that it's rude, and I have a couple autographed posters, but if it's one of my favorite prints I'm not getting it signed. Its my poster so I find it to be personal preference. For example my Burwells, I want them to remain pure
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Tracy 2112

To each his own; I beat myself up on a daily basis knowing that in 2003 I missed the boys by 5 minutes loading out at Exit/In and I didn't get them to sign this. Their signatures would have added to the joy and pleasure I get from this poster.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Sangban

if it's my poster, it's my damn poster. 

i can do whatever i please with it.

OP, you can keep your posters pure and untouched, but geez, who are you to tell us what to do with our prints?

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Sangban on Aug 08, 2011, 12:47 AM
if it's my poster, it's my damn poster. 

i can do whatever i please with it.

OP, you can keep your posters pure and untouched, but geez, who are you to tell us what to do with our prints?

You neglected to read these parts of my message:
"...IMO" 
"At the end of the day it's yours to own and do what you want with it, but just wanted to share my thoughts."
"Please consider..."

Just wanted to share my point of view on this, not here to start arguments. Maybe I went a little far with the disrespect part, but I firmly believe in everything else I said. Some posters with a lot of blank space or only decent artwork would work better. Rusty makes a good point- if you run into the band and the only thing you had to sign was a poster, than it would be tempting to do it.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

subinai

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Aug 08, 2011, 12:04 AM
To each his own; I beat myself up on a daily basis knowing that in 2003 I missed the boys by 5 minutes loading out at Exit/In and I didn't get them to sign this. Their signatures would have added to the joy and pleasure I get from this poster.

thaaaaaaaat is an awesome poster

robb

for me it would depend on what kind of poster it was.

something that had a bunch of open space?  hell yeah i'd get it signed.

but if it was something really intricately designed (like a burwell) then i wouldn't do it. 
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.