Fan Freedom Project--for anyone who think show tickets are their property

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Aug 12, 2011, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Hi everyone I thought you all would be interested in this new movement against the increasingly restrictive policies of Ticketmeister.  They are pushing the following bill of rights for live event fans:

We the fans of music, sports and theater, in order to protect our basic rights as ticket buyers and patrons of live events, demand from our leaders that these protections be written into law:

That all tickets, printed or paperless, be transferable without additional fees or undue hardship.
That venues and the companies that sell tickets publish in advance of an event the percentage and number of tickets to each event made available to the general public.
And that we the fans fully own the tickets we buy - not a "license to attend" at the discretion of Ticketmaster, sport teams, promoters or venues.
We have the right to buy event tickets without unfair competition from automated ticket-buying software, known as bot programs, which jump the line.

Here is the weblink:  http://www.fanfreedom.org/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

el_chode

all aboard except for one teency thing - the pleasure and pain of roll call is that it does a great job at avoiding the LCD Soundsystem debacle with scalpers.
I'm surrounded by assholes